Kentucky

Frozevol

Watching Kentucky play their opener against a poor UL Monroe team. KY’s QB Will Levis is a Penn St transfer starting his second game. Other than the early pick, he looks really good throwing both long and short. Is currently 11/17 246 yds , 3 TDs and one INT in the first half! Our QB must play at least at this level.
KY’s D is also playing very well. We must improve enough to beat them consistently again. Not this year I’m afraid.

Last edited:
Watching Kentucky play their opener against a poor UL Monroe team. KY’s QB is a Penn St transfer starting his second game. Other than the early pick, he looks really good throwing both long and short. Is currently 7/11 160 yds , 2 TDs and one INT. After 1 Qtr. our QB must play at least at this level.
KY’s D is also playing very well. We must improve enough to beat them consistently again. Not this year I’m afraid.

The frightening thing to me is I believe we’ll need to score 40+ for a chance to win most of our conference games.

And we couldn’t even crack 40 against BG. I fear another long season ahead.

ULM isn’t dropping 8 all game.

KY’s QB will have video game numbers this game, and they won’t have two 115+ yard rushers.

Y’all have seriously got to start taking the full picture into account.[/QUOTE
Full picture? KY is 100 yds shy of our total yards in one half . And they have two receivers with over 100 yds.

Reactions: 08Vol
ULM isn’t dropping 8 all game.

KY’s QB will have video game numbers this game, and they won’t have two 115+ yard rushers.

Y’all have seriously got to start taking the full picture into account.

Full picture? KY is 100 yds shy of our total yards in one half . And they have two receivers with over 100 yds.

Case in point

Last edited:
I am a Tenn fan, but have been impressed with Stoops for several years. He isn’t getting top 10 recruits but he has them ready to play. All they have been lacking for the past few years is a top QB. The running game, both lines, and pretty good defense has been there.

Watching Kentucky play their opener against a poor UL Monroe team. KY’s QB is a Penn St transfer starting his second game. Other than the early pick, he looks really good throwing both long and short. Is currently 7/11 160 yds , 2 TDs and one INT. After 1 Qtr. our QB must play at least at this level.
He's easily completing the long ball. Easily...

Watching Kentucky play their opener against a poor UL Monroe team. KY’s QB Will Levis is a Penn St transfer starting his second game. Other than the early pick, he looks really good throwing both long and short. Is currently 11/17 246 yds , 3 TDs and one INT in the first half! Our QB must play at least at this level.

I think we need to realize where our program is. We are behind Kentucky. Their coach has been there almost as long as Saban has been at Bama. He has built the culture. Kentucky should beat Tennessee this year. We as fans need to sit back and enjoy the process of watching our team improve in this rebuild. It will be fun to watch even though we are going to lose more than we like. I had fun watching this team play Thursday (except for the 2nd quarter which was like watching paint dry.)

Folks have been crapping on Kentucky all summer mostly based on who they were 10-15 years ago. Not anymore. Stoops has built a solid foundation there. He brings in players and develops them. By their 3rd or 4th year in their program, which has been relatively stable in coaching and philosophy, those guys can play. Factor in that we also are not who we were 10-15 years ago (not in a good way though), and this game is no longer an automatic W and it won't be for the foreseeable future. It's going to be a dog fight. We'd be extremely fortunate to win up there this year. We may be able to pull it out, but I wouldn't count on it.

I don't know about specific skill positions, particularly since this is ULM, but Kentucky looks organized and prepared, something I wish Tennessee looked like more often.
They committed a bunch of penalties early and have put the ball on the ground multiple times. It just bounced their way. The QB had looked generally good, but his receivers haven’t had a defender within 10 yards of them on any of the plays.

Reactions: Wireless1
Bowling Green dropped 8.

LMAO.

I agree with those who are saying it's one game against an inferior opponent for both teams. But, don't give me this Bowling Green dropped 8 into coverage bull either.
Why not? They did. I stayed up and re-watched the entire game last night after seeing it mentioned, and it's true.

ETA:

maxresdefault.jpg
BG-D1.png

Last edited:
Dispute the point. Let’s hear it.

I can't. I just can't. In the history of football, no one has been able to successfully complete a pass when there are 8 men in coverage. It can't be done. Especially, against Bowling Green.

I mean, the two deep balls that were missed must have been the exception. They were open on that play despite 8 people being in coverage. I'm sure every other play in the game, Bowling Green had 8 men in coverage and absolutely no one was able to get open in the 10 seconds that Milton had to throw.

Dispute the point. Let’s hear it.
Primarily, DG rushed 3, dropped everyone else into coverage, and occasionally sent late LB blitzes. Not sure who posted it last night but that seems to be their MO--drop into pass defense, be stingy with pass yardage, and get gashed in rush yardage.

I'm starting to think that we can't really judge too much either way from this game. I'd be more confident if we'd had our way with them in every facet of the game, but I'm not convinced the Chicken Littles are correct either.

Why not? They did. I stayed up and re-watched the entire game last night after seeing it mentioned, and it's true.

ETA:

maxresdefault.jpg
View attachment 392089
I was there. Our offensive line gave all the time in the world because they did it all game. It still doesn’t excuse Milton missing throwing at least 3 easy verticals for TDs and Georgia overthrowing the ones he tried. He left at minimum 5 TD passes on the field.

VN Store

Back