Kentucky post game thoughts.

Doesn't seem like Barnes calling Fulky out worked very well.
Not in Rupp, it didn't. He was better against USCe, but, today, he looked scared, disinterested, uninspired, intimidated...I don't know. Not the look of a 24-year old leader of his team.

I love Fulky and truly feel he's been dealt a tough hand in his career, but Barnes is right, if he can't give us more than that, then get out of the way. Plenty of guys with more upside who could use experience waiting in line that can give us that level of effort.

John Fulkerson should be a role player at best. The fact we have to rely on him so much shows the holes in Barnes recruiting.
Not really. He recruited two 5* players at his position to push him, and apparently neither has to the point where Barnes feels they give the team a better chance to win in the present. Maybe this game changes things. He sure didn't look interested in holding those guys off. Up to them to prove in practice that they deserve his minutes.

Not really. He recruited two 5* players at his position to push him, and apparently neither has to the point where Barnes feels they give the team a better chance to win in the present. Maybe this game changes things. He sure didn't look interested in holding those guys off. Up to them to prove in practice that they deserve his minutes.
At this point I'd just play them. Fulkerson is doing his normal disappearing act.

Fulky had goose eggs in 2 critical categories. 0 points, 0 rebounds. Literally wth?

Vols have a "shooter" in Powell that does not take shots. He has brought nothing to this team. In fact, he's a liability.

Vescovi has been an improvement and is a decent player at times.

Chandler is a great young talent.

Other than that the Vols don't have a suitable roster. I find this alarming and very confusing.....

Seems like we caught Kentucky at the wrong time... or maybe they just got tired of hearing how we have their number? Whatever it was, we never had a chance with them playing like that. Hopefully, we will show some pride and bounce back strong. It's time to see what Huntley-Hatfield can do in the starting lineup, in lieu of Fulkerson, who was a big zero today.

At thus point I'd just play them. Fulkerson is doing his normal disappearing act.
I agree, from a fan perspective, it seems like you just roll the dice and hope anything else works. I don't see what the coaches see in practice, though, so I try to keep that in mind. But I feel you. Things in the post look disastrous, right now, and the obvious answer seems to be on the bench.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Fulky had goose eggs in 2 critical categories. 0 points, 0 rebounds. Literally wth?

Vols have a "shooter" in Powell that does not take shots. He has brought nothing to this team. In fact, he's a liability.

Other than that the Vols don't have a suitable roster. I find this alarming and very confusing.....
Yeah. I don't see much there. It's not a good roster. No true shooters and no post to speak of.

Reactions: OEF VOL and 08Vol

Come on...decent player at times??? He's been our best and most consistent player. He has his limitations, sure, but that's a pretty harsh criticism for the guy who has practically carried this team across the first half of the season.

Doesn't seem like Barnes calling Fulky out worked very well.

200.gif

VN Store

Back