Kentucky Officially Offering Dan Hurley

SportsFreak

Only know rough details as of now, but the begging salary starts at $11,000,000 per year and goes up from there. The offer will be for a 5-7 year deal. Will he take it? Who knows, but UK is going to swing for the fences. Given the financial woes UCONN is in with virtually a fcs football program. Their resources are limited. Sources say the highest that UCONN could counter would be $8,000,000.

Reactions: DonDiego
Another guy, who people say is pretty legit, says that Scott Drew has been offered the job.

UK is a step down from UConn, and then there's the added pressure of dealing with that psychotic fan base. I don't believe Hurley would take the job, but then again he might be just arrogant enough to do it.

That is INSANE money for a college basketball coach. And $11 million is just the starting offer. No idea what he will do but I think he will have to listen to an offer like that. Really hope he doesn’t take that job because Kentucky will quickly go back to being Kentucky again if he does. 🤮

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Remember Texas offered Saban tons of money. He stayed at Bama. Money doesn’t buy everything.
Agreed. Some people don't want to walk into a situation where it's National Championship every year or else. Its nice to have expectations...as long as they are reasonable. Kentucky fans are anything but reasonable.

You heard it here first, by JWF. Most of the respondents were "Why would he leave Uconn?" "Uconn has yada yada yada". I said, "Get back to me in 3 days". Well it only took 2 . Sometimes you just have to say, "I told you so". It's a rough place in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
You heard it here first, by JWF. Most of the respondents were "Why would he leave Uconn?" "Uconn has yada yada yada". I said, "Get back to me in 3 days". Well it only took 2 . Sometimes you just have to say, "I told you so". It's a rough place in here.

Listen, no one here is going to be shocked if Hurley (or anyone) takes $11-12 million, so predicting so isn't that big a reach. Saying he's in a better spot and 'why would he leave?' are reasonable and true reactions, but all of us know that, as the old cliche goes, 'everyone has their price'. In pro and big time college sports, there are very few if any "shocking" developments any more.

Reactions: Vol737
Listen, no one here is going to be shocked if Hurley (or anyone) takes $11-12 million, so predicting so isn't that big a reach. Saying he's in a better spot and 'why would he leave?' are reasonable and true reactions, but all of us know that, as the old cliche goes, 'everyone has their price'. In pro and big time college sports, there are very few if any "shocking" developments any more.
Welp, everyone in here Monday was humming a different tune. That's all.

Welp, everyone in here Monday was humming a different tune. That's all.

Of course they were, and I still don't expect Hurley to take the job, but it doesn't mean it would be anything resembling a shock if he did. An offer of life changing money can make pretty much anyone do something they might not have been inclined to do.

Reactions: jacvols
I see nothing, anywhere that says Hurley has accepted the job so what are you patting yourself on the back about?

VN Store

Back