Kentucky lost again

richmond better than evansville.

spiders are very experienced and were playing very good basketball at the start of 2020 and were picked to win A10 this yeafr
dont klnow if the the A10 vote came AFTERA Spiders lost Nick Sherrod (a senior and double figure scorer)) who blew his knee out in pre-season drills.

SLU win over LSU wasnt a surprise either, and I enjoyed that even more

Richmond was 24-7 and they beat Vandy, Wisconsin and Boston College, last year. So, it's no where near as bad of a loss as Evansville was last year
Yeah not anywhere close to Evansville. Richmond will be a tourney team. I could see them being anywhere from a 7-12 seed too, and with quick guards they're a candidate for a surprise S16 run.

richmond better than evansville.

spiders are very experienced and were playing very good basketball at the start of 2020 and were picked to win A10 this yeafr
dont klnow if the the A10 vote came AFTERA Spiders lost Nick Sherrod (a senior and double figure scorer)) who blew his knee out in pre-season drills.

SLU win over LSU wasnt a surprise either, and I enjoyed that even more
I'm a SLU Alum so I was pleased with their win. This may be their best team in years. A10 will be interesting and Richmond was the preseason pick. Can't wait to see Vols hoops team start playing especially since the football team sucks again.

Reactions: ArdentVol
No one is...but its always fun to see them lose games they should win. Richmond is a good team though.
The OP literally stated “they may not be that great this year”...they may or may not be, but I wouldn’t decide either way based off that one game against a very good and experienced A10 team.

I'm a SLU Alum so I was pleased with their win. This may be their best team in years. A10 will be interesting and Richmond was the preseason pick. Can't wait to see Vols hoops team start playing especially since the football team sucks again.

SLU has been filling Chaifetzt (sp?) Arena for years. Wouldn't be suprised if A10 sent at least 3 theams to NCAA tourney. Joe Lunardi always seem to discount league's strength

Reactions: cardvolfan
Yes it’s early but their guards don’t look nearly as quick.

BJ Boston and Clarke are definitely one & dones.

Sarr doesn’t really impress me.

The OP literally stated “they may not be that great this year”...they may or may not be, but I wouldn’t decide either way based off that one game against a very good and experienced A10 team.
I don't think they'll be as good as recent years, but they'll still be talented and they will get better as the season goes along, they always do.

For those that think we are going to come out of the gate like a an elite 8 team, pump the brakes

Boston is not quick at all. He’s solid though, i like Clarke’s game a lil more.

I am thinking we come out of the gate like a round of 32 team.
This team wasn't going to make the tourney, and while there is no question the new additions add important pieces, a lot of these guys have never played college ball, or it's been a while, or not at this level.
Anosike is a lot shorter than I expected. Maybe 6'4"

Reactions: Augustus McRae

VN Store

Back