Kentucky lost again

I haven’t watched much CBB yet this year. Any SEC teams looking particularly strong?

The fans are turning on each other big time.
They're turning on me also😂. I was born and raised in Ky, I've been doing my part to my family and friends to remind them they're sucking. If I know anything, it's that them losing in basketball is more important than even them beating us in football. They're mad😂

Richmond has always had a solid basketball program.
I agree with about Richmond but lets be real Richmond should never be able to compete with Kentucky. Neither should Georgia Tech, it tells me that they have missed on some of their recruits this year. GBO!

Reactions: joevol33
I’ll preface this by saying that I think Kentucky will get a lot better as the season progresses, but I don’t think Calipari is a good enough coach to compete for championships unless he gets the elite freshman like Anthony Davis in his program. 5 stars that are not the top 2 or 3 in the country are not elite enough to overcome lack of experience and Cal’s average coaching

Cal promotes a me first mentality in his program. He has basicly created an extended NBA predraft camp. It brings in talent and ultimately talent wins in the end. But, to win a National Championship you have to get the Anthony Davis, John Wall types mixed with 3 or 4 established players. This team will get better but I don't see them winning any banners.

Reactions: 08Vol
I can understand it. 10 years of the same of anything can become boring. Plus, with all of the politics and "me-first" AAU types these days, I can understand the frustration. Not saying I agree or disagree, but this has been the normal operating procedures for the blue bloods the past few years. There was something to be said about guys like Redick, Sheldon Williams, Battier, etc. that you could watch for three or four years and really develop a liking to. Big schools are getting four month mercenaries these days. Fans just have to learn to accept it.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Normally I'm doom and gloom but considering the unusual circumstances with the year I dont really worry as much about the results from this year. Lots of freshman learning in a weird year without the usual preparation.

Cal promotes a me first mentality in his program. He has basicly created an extended NBA predraft camp. It brings in talent and ultimately talent wins in the end. But, to win a National Championship you have to get the Anthony Davis, John Wall types mixed with 3 or 4 established players. This team will get better but I don't see them winning any banners.

It's the hardest sport to win titles in nowadays. Must be perfect for 6 games and pray another teams player doesn't have a freak game.

That being said yes its near impossible to rely on freshman every year. Lost in the 2012 season was the impact the vets had. I'll take sophomore Terrance Jones over almost anyone on this current roster.

Cal is an elite talent manager and can bring out the best in a lot of highly talented players. I don't think anyone can really argue that. I think they will be fine this year, maybe even turn into an NCAA team by years end; but I think this years team just has some core issues with chemistry and IQ. It will be minimized and they'll get better as the season goes on but I don't expect them to become a top team.

Cal is an elite talent manager and can bring out the best in a lot of highly talented players. I don't think anyone can really argue that. I think they will be fine this year, maybe even turn into an NCAA team by years end; but I think this years team just has some core issues with chemistry and IQ. It will be minimized and they'll get better as the season goes on but I don't expect them to become a top team.
Anyone who didn’t expect chemistry issues with one returning player (who still hasn’t played) in a COVID ravaged season with a mix of freshmen and transfers just wasn’t paying attention or had their head buried in the sand. I said all along that this would Cal’a toughest coaching job, to date. I still believe that, especially with a shortened season with still to come uncertainty.

Anyone who didn’t expect chemistry issues with one returning player (who still hasn’t played) in a COVID ravaged season with a mix of freshmen and transfers just wasn’t paying attention or had their head buried in the sand. I said all along that this would Cal’a toughest coaching job, to date. I still believe that, especially with a shortened season with still to come uncertainty.
I dont see how the fans put up with the one and done crap. You never know from year to year what you got. And no Grant Williams or Admiral types to pull for multiple years. Yes the NCAA success and wins are nice. But minus the millioms your basically a pro team swapping out every season.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I dont see how the fans put up with the one and done crap. You never know from year to year what you got. And no Grant Williams or Admiral types to pull for multiple years. Yes the NCAA success and wins are nice. But minus the millioms your basically a pro team swapping out every season.
I've lived in Kentucky the entire Calipari tenure. I told UK fans that model would wear thin on them, especially those fans who were old enough to remember the championship days of Pitino and Tubby in the mid-late 90s. UK fans my age (I'm 41) and older loved the idea of investing in the lives of the kids that put on the blue and spent years in Lexington. Kids like Jamal Mashburn, Tony Delk, Jamaal Magloire, Ron Mercer, Derek Anderson, Jeff Shepherd...the fans loved those guys, practically worshipped the ground they walked on. Thise days are gone. It was fine while it was new, and the wins piled up in bunches, and Cal got then a championship with a special group. Bit the shine has worn off as I predicted it would. Most fans can't stand the current model and having to figure out an entire team's new names and identities from year to year, and not seeing championship results from it. The younger ones don't know any better, really. But your older fans have grown tired of Cal and his one-and-done model. Without Final Fours to back it up, that model and style has pushed back on a lot of UK fans and they are ready for something else, a developer of talent and program builder, not a team assembler.

I don’t want them to change really. Watching kentucky fans in misery is too much fun

VN Store

Back