Kentucky lost again

He definitely extended it. I have no problem with the call. I have a problem with that basket not counting. That's a stupid rule. The ball is already out of his hand.
He may have barely extended his leg. Didn’t affect the play. The problem is the KY player had done it at least 3 times and no call.

The leg goes where the leg goes when you're landing after a 3 pt shot. It's a BS call
I guess you felt the same when Lamonte Turner "fouled" Carson Edwards in the NCAAT 5 years ago, then?

By rule, that is an offensive foul, now. I just don't like that the basket doesn't count if it goes in. After more thought, I guess it's no different than a driver letting loose of a floater that goes in but his momentum carries him into a stationary defender. Offensive foul, no basket.

He may have barely extended his leg. Didn’t affect the play. The problem is the KY player had done it at least 3 times and no call.
That's hardly "barely extending his leg".
Screenshot_20240113_165007_Samsung Internet.jpg
I'll agree that it wasn't called consistently, but by the rule, that's a foul. And anyone saying it isn't would be buying new TVs after they threw their remote thru theirs if that were Sheppard shooting and ZZ defending and it went uncalled.

That's hardly "barely extending his leg".
View attachment 609942
I'll agree that it wasn't called consistently, but by the rule, that's a foul. And anyone saying it isn't would be buying new TVs after they threw their remote thru theirs if that were Sheppard shooting and ZZ defending and it went uncalled.
My issue is people kick out their leg before the ball leaves their hand in an effort to draw a foul. This was clearly after and wasn’t trying to draw a foul with it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
My issue is people kick out their leg before the ball leaves their hand in an effort to draw a foul. This was clearly after and wasn’t trying to draw a foul with it.
Yeah, I originally hated the idea that it wiped off the basket. But in hindsight, it's really no different that the guy who drives the lane and puts up a floater while his momentum carries him into a stationary defender. No basket.

Just unfortunate in that big situation, but I can't say the officials "got it wrong" in that scenario. There was plenty else to point to that they screwed up. Like the very next play where they called a foul on aTm defending Sheppard's 3-pt attempt.

The issue with the kick ... Some players (Dillingham, if I got the player right) does it on nearly every three so the refs let it go. Despite it looking like a very unnatural motion. Refs can pick and choose and use it to their own biased (looking at you Pat Adams) agendas

VN Store

Back