Kent stepping away from the program

Vescovi will be a good addition (If he comes here of course) but is not frustrating to anyone else that we have so many guards.

Covi
James
Johnson
Springer
Bailey
Pons
Gaines
J. Johnson

Down low we will have
Oliver
Uros
Fulky
Pember
Walker

We need another big man badly next year if we will want to compete for a title.
Yes I know that's down the road, but if Kent is indeed gone it's kind of worrisome post wise.

I doubt Jalen is on the team next year, tbh. Really hope we can pickup Dylan Cardwell.

Villanova won a natty with a lineup of 5 guards

Not sayin'

Just sayin'

Barnes couldn't run the 4 out Motion that Jay Wright does. We'd get murdered.

Just sayin' I'm not sayin' It's possible. But I'm just sayin' it's not happening 😂

Well guys, we are now down to 9 scholarship players. Also means we lost 6 post players from last year if you count admiral and only brought in one technically since pember seems to play the 3.

Reactions: sport3500
Doesn’t mean we may get good news about Uros does it? Or did the appeal get denied again and I missed it?

I wish Kent luck on his next step.

As for our roster, I believe this levels our numbers out. We started the season with an open scholly. We have two seniors. We just signed three players. Adding Vescovi would have put us one over for next year. Kent leaving levels the numbers. Someone else would have to leave if we add Vescovi and another player.

Each JJ three that hits the other side of the backboard inches him closer out the door.

His shooting won't matter. He's already shown in practice that he's capable from the perimeter. How well he plays defense and his frequency of turnovers and fouls will determine if he's in CRB's plans as a regular.

Tonight Johnson was first off of the bench and ahead of O(R)N. CRB sent O(R)N to check in shortly after JJ, so they both entered at the same dead ball.

Each JJ three that hits the other side of the backboard inches him closer out the door.
Yeah, would love to have a consistent shooter coming off the bench, but he wasn’t even close tonight. And if he doesn’t shoot reasonably well, there really isn’t much point in giving him minutes. He isn’t a ball handled, nor a facilitator, nor a rebounder, and doesn’t defend that well. He has got to give us at least 10 quality minutes on the floor as our depth is minimal. Vescovi would be a welcomed addition in early 2020.

Jancek could come off the bench and play a little bit to help Pember releive Fulkerson or ORN if they encounter foul trouble on occassion and that would not surprise me if he plays a few minutes against a team like Kentucky or Florida that have a true post presence.

Tennessee does not have a lot of size now with Fulkerson and Pember being the only players over 6'8 on the roster.

Jancek could come off the bench and play a little bit to help Pember releive Fulkerson or ORN if they encounter foul trouble on occassion and that would not surprise me if he plays a few minutes against a team like Kentucky or Florida that have a true post presence.

Tennessee does not have a lot of size now with Fulkerson and Pember being the only players over 6'8 on the roster.
Barnes mentioned that Josiah would be next in line.

Tennessee doesn’t have a lot of “big men” and are certainly thin at center, with Fulk being the only true center option. However Tennessee does have a lot of size and length overall.....and that should help a lot.

For size Tennessee has: 6-2, 6-5, 6-6, 6-6, 6-6, 6-7, 6-8, 6-9, and 6-10.

Pember is 6-10, if there ever was a 6-10 player.

Tennessee can also play some zone if needed. They have that and work at it.

Don’t get me wrong Tennessee could have really used Plavsic this season; however I don’t think the “size” will be a big problem......unless Fulk gets in foul trouble early or if he gets injured.

Honestly, Kent wasn’t going to play much even if he was on the roster. Pember definitely will get more run, likely backing up Pons but we may only need him for 10 minutes per game. Also it isn’t as if the SEC is filled with quality big men. With the exception of Kentucky, other SEC teams at best may only have one decent post player as the game continues to become more perimeter oriented. With a small sample size after only 4 games, I feel pretty confident we can play with anyone in the league. Granted our margin of error is smaller than last year, given we don’t have Grant or Admiral to bail us out but this current squad still has a lot of upside to go.

VN Store

Back