Kennedy was shot on this date in 1963.

My grandmother was shopping at a Cas Walker store when they came on the intercom to announce JFK’s death.

Also, my grandmother and grandfather on my Dad’s side were die hard FDR Democrats. My grandfather though always said he believed LBJ had something to do with Kennedy’s death.

Last edited:
My grandmother was shopping at a Cass (spelling?) Walker store when they came on the intercom to announce JFK’s death.

Also, my grandmother and grandfather on my Dad’s side were die hard FDR Democrats. My grandfather though always said he believe LBJ had something to do with Kennedy’s death.
A lot of people had the same opinion as your GF. LBJ was from TX, and some thought a somewhat ruthless, seedy politician.

"Cas Walker"

My grandmother was shopping at a Cas Walker store when they came on the intercom to announce JFK’s death.

Also, my grandmother and grandfather on my Dad’s side were die hard FDR Democrats. My grandfather though always said he believed LBJ had something to do with Kennedy’s death.
My grandfather's bank was closed by FDR. He was hated in my family.

I’m still surprised Obama or Trump wasn’t assassinated or somebody didn’t try to anyway. Last assassination attempt was in 1982 on Reagan.

Secret service is a lot better at their jobs.

But there have been several incidents of armed people trying to get into the White House. They just don’t get very far.

I was in third grade. For some reason we were out of school that day. Was at my grandmothers along with a few cousins outside playing when our grandmother came out and told us what had happened.
Likely because it was the day after Thanksgiving?

Edit: I guess not

Last edited:
in response to the W shoe throw as an example of an ass. attempt - there was a foiled assassination plot against his dad when he was in Kuwait and linked to Iraq.

so I guess both of them were targets

also can't think about the Kennedy incident without thinking about the Seinfeld magic lugie episode

My parents grew up in Dallas, and I was born there until we moved to TN at a young age. My mom was in high school that day, and it was just a few blocks from the Texas Theatre, where they found Oswald. They were put on lockdown until it was confirmed that he was caught.

VN Store

Back