Kendall Rogers

As in, to give the coaches a raise?
No, the way I understand it works is schools will submit bids to be a host school. Seeding is done by the committee and the 1 seeds are given first priority to host. However the 1 seeds don't always submit bids to host due to factors such as field conditions, money and resources. So Tennessee will submit a bid to host a regional and if they're granted one it will cost them approximately 200K in resources, etc.

That's how I understood it, maybe someone else has a little more insight

Reactions: RollerVol
No, the way I understand it works is schools will submit bids to be a host school. Seeding is done by the committee and the 1 seeds are given first priority to host. However the 1 seeds don't always submit bids to host due to factors such as field conditions, money and resources. So Tennessee will submit a bid to host a regional and if they're granted one it will cost them approximately 200K in resources, etc.

That's how I understood it, maybe someone else has a little more insight

Interesting. I guess we haven’t been in this conversation in a while, but I can’t believe it costs that much. I understand that there are some inherent costs to host something, but the NCAA should be paying for most of the tournament. We know they have the money.

Interesting. I guess we haven’t been in this conversation in a while, but I can’t believe it costs that much. I understand that there are some inherent costs to host something, but the NCAA should be paying for most of the tournament. We know they have the money.

I think Tennessee is responsible for umpires, their travel and hotel. I think Tennessee is on the hook for visiting teams hotel as well, maybe I'm wrong but there were a few things.

He also said CTV is his National Coach of the Year. Extension time I think 💵

Vitello has agreed to a five-year contract with an average annual compensation of $493,000. I'd guess at least $100k bump

Kingston at SC has a 6yr $600k contract as a comparison

I doubt it's pocket change as it applies to the baseball program. I wonder how the dreaded bottom line for the baseball program looks at the end of the year.

if we continue winning (say 15-17 SEC wins) Coach/Ad Fulmer will "work like heck" to try to find the money...if at all possible he won't throw away an opportunity like this...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

if we continue winning (say 15-17 SEC wins) Coach/Ad Fulmer will "work like heck" to try to find the money...if at all possible he won't throw away an opportunity like this...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

I couldn't even imagine a day when UT would turn down hosting a regional over $200K. Never going to happen.

Reactions: StarRaider
I couldn't even imagine a day when UT would turn down hosting a regional over $200K. Never going to happen.
Yeah why would they not pay it to host? They would turn a huge profit. You get 100 percent of the gate and concessions. It’s a no brainer. The games Tennessee plays in would be sold out wouldn’t they?

Last edited:
Reactions: SycloneJoe

VN Store

Back