Kelvin Taylor > Derrick Henry...and other bold NFL Draft predictions

If Bosa keeps getting 10+ sacks year in year out then I will stop calling him lucky. I said his year was lucky last year because we are only one season into his career and nothing he did on film impressed me. Many rookies have had great rookie years only to flame out.

My position on Kelvin Taylor is that he will be better than Derrick Henry once he gets a chance. There are many NFL players who get cut from team to team and then finally they land in the right spot and blow up. I have a feeling Kelvin has that happen for him soon. Who knows? It just might be with Kansas City who just picked him up this month.

And you dare accuse others of waffling or making excuses; every one of your predicitions has these little get out of jail free phrases to cover your ass if they don't happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope. The Chiefs waived Taylor 2 weeks ago.

54b1748c9ccea4534572afc82381f5bc_pinterest-funny-laughing-laughing-hysterically-meme_267-199.gif

You just predicted that he has a "good chance to start" for a team that waived him 2 weeks ago. Do you understand the flaw in that prediction? Do you want to stand by it?

LOL. So you're gonna try to get on a simple mistake of what roster people are on? Get over yourself. I made a simple mistake. I looked him up a few weeks ago on google and saw the Chiefs signed him. I thought he was still on there.

Maybe you keep track of every roster move in the NFL. I don't.

LOL. So you're gonna try to get on a simple mistake of what roster people are on? Get over yourself. I made a simple mistake. I looked him up a few weeks ago on google and saw the Chiefs signed him. I thought he was still on there.

But you never make excuses huh....

Reactions: 3 people
And you dare accuse others of waffling or making excuses; every one of your predicitions has these little get out of jail free phrases to cover your ass if they don't happen.

I already said months ago that if Kelvin can't make a impact by the end of his second year then I will admit I'm wrong.

I just don't want to give up on him this early cause I thought he looked so good coming out as a prospect. And because I know if I do that and he ends by becoming a star next year you guys will act like I was still wrong because I flipped on him.

I literally googled it the second after you mentioned it.

Oh, and to correct the bold: Taylor is not on any roster, and hasn't been for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Go watch his sack tape. Almost all of his sacks came from broken plays with the offensive tackle confused about where the QB was because someone else collapsed the pocket and the QB is running around. Bosa got those sacks cause he got lucky about being at the right place at the right time because someone else flushed the QB out.

I will give Bosa some credit because he does have a great motor and keeps working hard even when it looks like his man has him locked up. He got most of his sacks last year because he kept playing hard even when it looked like the play was broken. He did not create as many sacks as the numbers seem to suggest. He's a guy you have to watch the tape on.

Once offensive lineman catch up to his style they'll neutalize him. Bosa simply lacks the explosiveness to be a dominant edge rusher year in and year out.

Good grief...I've never seen someone with so much misplaced self-confidence in their flawed ability to predict success/failure.

You are awful at this, and to beat all, have the audacity to question and criticize those who do it professionally. Give up the ghost. This isn't your gift. Find another hobby and go brag about your abilities to their boards. ModelTrainNation.com, or StampCollectors.org may be more impressed.

I already said months ago that if Kelvin can't make a impact by the end of his second year then I will admit I'm wrong.

I just don't want to give up on him this early cause I thought he looked so good coming out as a prospect. And because I know if I do that and he ends by becoming a star next year you guys will act like I was still wrong because I flipped on him.

What about him as a prospect? Which games? Point to the tape.

He has no argument here and he knows it. There are 16 players in the NFL that got double digit sacks last year. He's one of them. He was a rookie. He didn't play in 4 games. There isn't a teammate that helped him get that number as the Charger d-line leaves a lot to be desired.

He was an impact rookie. It's not in dispute

I also love that he argues that Bosa isn't very good and could just be a rookie year wonder, but that he was right Ezekiel Elliott....based on his rookie year.

Reactions: 4 people
I also love that he argues that Bosa isn't very good and could just be a rookie year wonder, but that he was right Ezekiel Elliott....based on his rookie year.

If Zeke flames out next year then get on me. If Bosa is all-pro next year get on me. Till then I stick to my initial position. Nothing I saw last year changed my opinion on Zeke's greatness or about Bosa being a scrub.

You guys are too swayed by what happens in a single season. Just remember a lot of weird stuff happens in rookie years. We don't get a good idea of how good a player will be until his second or third season.

What about him as a prospect? Which games? Point to the tape.

Honestly no single game ever gets me to like or dislike a prospect. Its more about plays that show what type of skills the player has that can translate to the NFL. Kelvin Taylor had some of the best cutting ability I saw the last few years from a RB prospect.

Check out his games vs Tennessee in 2015 and vs Georgia in 2015. Both those games included really great runs showing his remarkable cutting skills behind what was a weak offensive line.

I literally googled it the second after you mentioned it.

Oh, and to correct the bold: Taylor is not on any roster, and hasn't been for 2 weeks.

This might surprise you but I don't pay much attention to NFL roster moves.

Talk to me in August if he's still not on a roster.

If Bosa keeps getting 10+ sacks year in year out then I will stop calling him lucky. I said his year was lucky last year because we are only one season into his career and nothing he did on film impressed me. Many rookies have had great rookie years only to flame out.

My position on Kelvin Taylor is that he will be better than Derrick Henry once he gets a chance. There are many NFL players who get cut from team to team and then finally they land in the right spot and blow up. I have a feeling Kelvin has that happen for him soon. Who knows? It just might be with Kansas City who just picked him up this month.

See...just no. There is no waiting to see if you're "eventually" right.Bosa balled all over your "bust" prediction. Taylor has in fact busted in spite of your accolades on his behalf. (And you keep mentioning him having a chance. 3 teams have given him a chance and he can't manage to even make a roster. This includes a team that, rather amusingly, you described as being particularly suitable for having no established starters) You are as I type this empirically, demonstrably, stone dead wrong. You will continue to be wrong until that changes, not the other way around. This bears repeating; there is no "wait and see" for you to be wrong as that is currently established fact. The best you can hope for is something to change.

Only played basketball. Never played football. Too violent a game for me.

I did play flag football a lot and had a good arm. People did try to convince me to play but I never wanted to.

Why are you trying to evaluate football if you never played organized football? You really don't know Football until you suit up in pads. You're essentially VN's Beth Mowins.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back