Kellie on immediate final four expectations

Ambitious but why not? Setting expectations is one thing; its another to get the players to believe those expectations are realistic and to put in the necessary work to meet them (or have a credible chance of doing so).

This season, in particular, the LVs just did not look like a team that believed they were really competing for a championship.

I am starting to believe that KJH is going to be able to make the attitude shift and the preparation shift.

Ambitious but why not? Setting expectations is one thing; its another to get the players to believe those expectations are realistic and to put in the necessary work to meet them (or have a credible chance of doing so).

This season, in particular, the LVs just did not look like a team that believed they were really competing for a championship.

I am starting to believe that KJH is going to be able to make the attitude shift and the preparation shift.

I think she will, too.

There's definitely much work that needs to be done before we can even start thinking about returning to the FF, IMO. We need to do the little things right and work on basic fundamentals.

I'm hoping for a top four finish in the SEC regular season, and for us to win the games we're supposed to. It's crazy to think that our upperclassmen are now accustomed to losing to Bama, not making it past the Quarterfinals in the SEC tourney, and the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney. I don't expect for our team to get its mojo back in every facet, but I would love for Kellie and this team to prove me wrong. I'll be paying more attention to the brand, style of play, what adjustiments are made out of timeouts, player improvement, and how we perform against teams with inferior talent.

I don't know if KJH is the answer or not..I hope she is...but just seeing and hearing her talk it's so incredibly obvious that Holly had to go. Holly was lifeless...listless and just worn out. She had a underachieving...losing vibe about her which was almost palatable at the end. Holly became THE face of underachieving. Just so tiresome. Seems KJH's presence has already introduced a breath of fresh air...and hope. Imo.

Why wouldn’t it? That’s such an asinine, sexist statement.
Predictable response. All one has to do is watch the NCAA Tournament & it's quickly obvious that after the top 5 or ten women's teams the quality drops quickly. Of course, my perspective may have been skewed by the wretched performances of the Lady Vols for the past 7 years. That's about to change. Rant on.

Well the original poster said we’re wrong lol. What do we know?

Huh? This is what the OP wrote, after referencing the article and quoting Kellie Harper's answer:

"Yay!!! Glad to read her reply. Took the bull by the horns. Can't help but be excited for the future. "

Fans had very high expectations of Holly from her first day as head coach so those same expectations should apply for Kellie as well.

Reactions: spojo13
Last years record was 19-13. Four of he losses were by a total of 9 points during the six game losing streak. Those could/should have been wins. And we should have beat Vandy. So the record could have easily been 24-8 even with the poor performance of the team (and there likely would not have been a coaching change). With better coaching and a talented roster (I do think there is good talent now and coming) a 25 win season, or better, should be expected.

I think first goal should be to win SEC regular season & SEC tourney
Then build upon that

Well, if her goal is to buy a house instead of starting with a bicycle, what's wrong with that? She saw the kind of team TN has and knows what they can do.

Question: Fair to expect Final Fours immediately?

“People are going to want that anyway, so might as well go ahead and put it out there. I know the expectations here. I get it. That’s another thing I’ve very well aware of what it is. I’m excited about it, because we want to win championships here. I want to be back in the Final Four. If we can get to the Final Four, we can win a national championship. I think that’s the goal.

"How quickly we can get there, I don’t know. I don’t know. Maybe it’s this year. We’ll see. I think a lot of that will be determined on how our offseason goes and whatnot. We’re striving to be the best we can possibly be, and if this team can be the best that they can possibly be, that’s going to be really, really good.”

Kellie Harper says bring on the Final Four expectations for Lady Vols

Uh Oh,,,, did I just read another "I don't know"? Lord I wish she had said "we will get there, when we get there and I hope that is real soon". Or anything, but the dreaded "I don't know"!!

pat%20summitt_1466957552890_1489446_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

An old baseball player of color once said "don't look back, they be gainin on you"

I wouldn't be surprised if she comes in fourth or fifth in the SEC next season but does relatively well in tournament play.

Uh Oh,,,, did I just read another "I don't know"? Lord I wish she had said "we will get there, when we get there and I hope that is real soon". Or anything, but the dreaded "I don't know"!!

No you didn't. If she had made your preferred statement, what are the odds you would be complaining about it being so vacuous and betraying a lack of confidence.? FYI, it would be really hard to tell a noticeable difference between your envisioned statement, and,uh, well, err, I don't know.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Predictable response. All one has to do is watch the NCAA Tournament & it's quickly obvious that after the top 5 or ten women's teams the quality drops quickly. Of course, my perspective may have been skewed by the wretched performances of the Lady Vols for the past 7 years. That's about to change. Rant on.

Which would explain why this year’s elite eight in the women’s tournament consisted of four #1 seeds and four #2 seeds. While the final four in the men’s tournament consisted of a 1,2,3 and 5 seeds.

Reactions: feathersax

Agree 100%. There has to be a big -time attitude shift. I mean, they were talking about how they lost by "only 15 pts" to MSST in the SECT like that's something to be proud of.

Kellie will need to wipe out the loser mentality that Holly instilled into this team if they are going to become an elite team again.

Agree 100%. There has to be a big -time attitude shift. I mean, they were talking about how they lost by "only 15 pts" to MSST in the SECT like that's something to be proud of.

Kellie will need to wipe out the loser mentality that Holly instilled into this team if they are going to become an elite team again.
Best Vols.gif

VN Store

Back