Kellie on immediate final four expectations

mcannon1

Question: Fair to expect Final Fours immediately?

“People are going to want that anyway, so might as well go ahead and put it out there. I know the expectations here. I get it. That’s another thing I’ve very well aware of what it is. I’m excited about it, because we want to win championships here. I want to be back in the Final Four. If we can get to the Final Four, we can win a national championship. I think that’s the goal.

"How quickly we can get there, I don’t know. I don’t know. Maybe it’s this year. We’ll see. I think a lot of that will be determined on how our offseason goes and whatnot. We’re striving to be the best we can possibly be, and if this team can be the best that they can possibly be, that’s going to be really, really good.”

Kellie Harper says bring on the Final Four expectations for Lady Vols

I think Tennessee now has all good coaches in place. It really started to take place when Fulmer became AD. I know Barnes was here before Fulmer took over. But Fulmer kept Barnes after UCLA tried to get him. I am really glad Kellie Harper is coach of the Lady Vols. Can't wait to see who she bring in as her asst. coaches.

“People are going to want that anyway, so might as well go ahead and put it out there. I know the expectations here. I get it. That’s another thing I’ve very well aware of what it is. I’m excited about it, because we want to win championships here. I want to be back in the Final Four. If we can get to the Final Four, we can win a national championship. I think that’s the goal.

"How quickly we can get there, I don’t know. I don’t know. Maybe it’s this year. We’ll see. I think a lot of that will be determined on how our offseason goes and whatnot. We’re striving to be the best we can possibly be, and if this team can be the best that they can possibly be, that’s going to be really, really good.”

I hope the girls Respond and buy into what she’s selling.. I’m excited for the future of this team and this coach!!

If you're not competing and playing for the title, why play at all? Kellie is channeling Pat here IMO.

Reactions: DonDiego
the main reason that Pat trusted Kellie to be her coach on the floor and run her offense as the
point guard is that Kellie was gritty and tough and she always kept her focus on winning.

that will be the trademark of the KJH-coached Lady Vols.... just watch.

9 orange.gif

Now that’s the winning spirit that’s been missing the last 7 years! I like the “bring it on” attitude.

If she understands that’s the expectation and believes it should be, she can convey that to her team as well.

I just want to see some confident Lady Vol players again! Act like the star that you are.

The confidence of the Lady Vol players is what drew me to them in the first place, then I heard Pat speak and it all made sense. Confidence is contagious.

Reactions: cutiepie5 and lvocd

I hope she gets there asap...just not at Baylor's expense. 👍

Sic'em Kellie!!!

It is totally unfair to expect Kellie to make the final four in her first year. I think we should not expect Kellie to come in and automatically make us NCAA Champions. The first thing we need to do is give Kellie our full support and not put unfair expectations upon her out of Holly frustration.

I don't know if high expectations are unfair. I have heard of discrimination through low expectations.

An ad agency executive years ago exhorted his employees to "Reach for the stars" and made a corresponding graphic the firm's logo. "You might not get a star every time," he explained, "but you'll be much less likely to come up with a fistful of mud."

Setting high expectations is a good start.

pat%20summitt_1466957552890_1489446_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

VN Store

Back