Kellie Jolly Harper

allen phillips

I may get chased off of this forum but I see a little bit of Pat Summitt in Kellie. Her demeanor is the same. She is in charge at half time and she does the coaching, not her assistants. I get the feeling that she is hard as nails on her girls but the girls seem to take her criticism in style. Kellie, in yelling at the refs, reminds me of Pat. And she is developing that stare that Pat had. Her girls have the same physique as Pat's first teams, big old country chicks. Although Pat did go away from that plan in her later years. Just my opinion.

I may get chased off of this forum but I see a little bit of Pat Summitt in Kellie. Her demeanor is the same. She is in charge at half time and she does the coaching, not her assistants. I get the feeling that she is hard as nails on her girls but the girls seem to take her criticism in style. Kellie, in yelling at the refs, reminds me of Pat. And she is developing that stare that Pat had. Her girls have the same physique as Pat's first teams, big old country chicks. Although Pat did go away from that plan in her later years. Just my opinion.

it’s the big old country chicks for me 🥴😂😂😂

SHe is growing up for a second time at UT,,,this time as a coach

I was not a KJH fan last year. I became a fan this season for reasons that weren't necessarily basketball related.

Now I'm all in - basketball related and all. I think she's hitting her stride wrt in-game management. And if her incoming recruiting class is as good as advertised, then the future truly is bright indeed.

I was not a KJH fan last year. I became a fan this season for reasons that weren't necessarily basketball related.

Now I'm all in - basketball related and all. I think she's hitting her stride wrt in-game management. And if her incoming recruiting class is as good as advertised, then the future truly is bright indeed.

can i ask what won you over?

There will only be one Pat but Kellie appears to have the skills to be an excellent coach for TN for a long time.
I have always detested Dawn Staley since she was at Virginia. I was so glad she did not break the all-time consecutive win streak of SEC games at The Summitt. USC had 31 wins and the record is 36. Now they have to start over. LOLOL

Imo we could have... SHOULD have beat

UCONN and Texas A and M. We folded late in both of those games and it was as if we didn't believe we could win...when we most definitely could have. Hopefully our mind set has changed now after tonight...and we believe we can and SHOULD close these games out. Imo...this team CAN beat anybody in the country.

Shes a dang sight better than the last coach we had. Big improvement. I think they are just a player or two away.
A true point guard would be great. I am also surprised that she is so hesitant to call a time out when other teams make big runs and often has them left at the end of the game. I thought that just one time out in the third qtr of the Georgia game when we were outscored 19-2 to close the quarter, and we would have won handily. I do agree she is far better than what we had, at least she has some answers and ideas, which the other coach never did

Reactions: NeedOrange
Imo we could have... SHOULD have beat

UCONN and Texas A and M. We folded late in both of those games and it was as if we didn't believe we could win...when we most definitely could have. Hopefully our mind set has changed now after tonight...and we believe we can and SHOULD close these games out. Imo...this team CAN beat anybody in the country.

Folded against Georgia as well.

Reactions: Hbg and feathersax
I thought we should have hired the UK coach or Miss State coach both former Vols but she is doing OK

Funny this Kellie might be Fulmer best hire lol
Kellie is the right hire, This team is starting to look like a Lady Vol team, She played point guard for a legend and knows what it takes to win a National Championship. Being nominated for the Naismith Coaching award speaks to her progress. Go back and watch her film as a player and you’ll see that she demanded the best effort from herself and her teammates,

I know Kellie has a lot of Pat in her...How else do you explain the change in Rennia at halftime...Outstanding Coaching and Playing...Go Lady Vols

VN Store

Back