Kellie Harper's Intro Presser

It would be a great tribute to her if she were to reach out to Mimi and Zaay if they appeared to be considering leaving out of loyalty to Holly and Holly appreciated the sentiment but convinced them to stay for the good of the program.

That might soften some of the negative feelings toward Holly. Hopefully, she'll assist Kellie in any way she can behind the scenes and be a positive influence.

I’m sure she will after some time. I think it’s understandable she would need some time to process being removed from something that’s been her life for nearly 40 years.

That would be great but I just can't see Holly doing that. She may be every bit as bitter as Johnny Majors was after he was let go.

I hope not. Hopefully, reality is taking hold and she's going through the stages og grief and proceeding toward acceptance.

She doesn't need to be involved with the LV now, but it wouldn't be a terrible thing if Kellie could get occasional advice about administrative stuff, etc. I'm sure Kellie knows her well enough to avoid negative player issue talk but to be a good person and not totally cut her off.

Again, not saying that Holly should be involved in any way with current team unless asked (or in doung something that would benefit the program(.

This is not a Nixon Rehabilitation call, btw. Just thinking it would be nice to see something positive after all the rancor. Almost everyone here agreed that it was time for her to be replaced.

That would be great but I just can't see Holly doing that. She may be every bit as bitter as Johnny Majors was after he was let go.

Just keep in mind how long it took Fulmer and Majors for that matter to come back around when they were let go. All three, Fulmer, Majors, and Warlick were Tennessee student athletes before they were coaches. I don’t think any of us can fathom the feeling of being dismissed from that, whether it had to happen or not. They are human beings... and this circumstance is a highly emotional one.

I hope not. Hopefully, reality is taking hold and she's going through the stages og grief and proceeding toward acceptance.

She doesn't need to be involved with the LV now, but it wouldn't be a terrible thing if Kellie could get occasional advice about administrative stuff, etc. I'm sure Kellie knows her well enough to avoid negative player issue talk but to be a good person and not totally cut her off.

Again, not saying that Holly should be involved in any way with current team unless asked (or in doung something that would benefit the program(.

This is not a Nixon Rehabilitation call, btw. Just thinking it would be nice to see something positive after all the rancor. Almost everyone here agreed that it was time for her to be replaced.

Very well said. Probably best for HW and the LV program for her to keep her distance right now. You have the right attitude about it though. Hopefully, in time she will be able to revisit, but I think it will be a few years.

I feel like Tennessee sports in general is moving forward and back to prominence. Fulmer is killing it and it's a great time to be alive!
I hope you're right. Although I don't like the hire, she has my full support as an alum and fan. We really need her to succeed. This historic program is at a crossroads. Go Lady Vols!!!!

I hope you're right. Although I don't like the hire, she has my full support as an alum and fan. We really need her to succeed. This historic program is at a crossroads. Go Lady Vols!!!!
I want to see the Tennessee women's basketball program get back to the way it used to be when the other teams were scared sh*tless when they saw that the LadyVols were coming up on their schedule;)

Very well said. Probably best for HW and the LV program for her to keep her distance right now. You have the right attitude about it though. Hopefully, in time she will be able to revisit, but I think it will be a few years.

It took Bob Knight twenty years, but even he returned to Indiana recently.

Reactions: T_Vol376
It took Bob Knight twenty years, but even he returned to Indiana recently.

Yep. I hope it doesn’t take that long, but it will be a while. I really like KJH from the way she conducted herself in the presser. It’s easy to see how she would have aced an interview to he the LVs HC. It would be hard not to root for her.

Once I heard her say "Im not here to be Pat" etc....I was on board. The more I watched the presser the more it was obvious that she truly was a Summit student. I think she will turn out to be a good hire. It may take a couple of years but I think with it being Tennessee it should recruit itself. She does know what it takes no doubt

Meanwhile in alabama ............

giphy.gif

I can understand that Kellie's focus is 100% on our program now and that she wouldn't want to interfere with the MO State coaching search, but a one-line shout-out and thanks to the Lady Bears wouldn't have been out of order IMO. They gave her a shot aftet NC State firing, and her Little Team That Could put her into consideration for this job.
Creekdipper thank you so much for acknowledging the Lady Bears. Those girls are so gritty and talented and worked their butts off for the success they achieved. It’s nice to see others point it out when their former coach doesn’t. Things are not always as they seem. I wish the Lady Vols the best of luck.

Reactions: creekdipper

VN Store

Back