Kellie Harper's Intro Presser

VetVol

Man of few posts
Here is a link to the presser. It seems like not many people are excited about Harpers hire, but I for one am THRILLED. I think Pat would be excited as well. I know no one knows how she will do until she does it, but I think the Lady Vols will be back under Kellie's leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am all-in for Kellie and Jon, and am looking forward to seeing the sizes of the crowds at TBA go back up with excited anticipation of big things to come.

I sure hope UT promotes the heck out of the Lady Vols this year. I’d love to be there for a sellout at least one more time before I leave this life!

I thought she knocked it out of the park at the press conference today. Perfect delivery. I’m excited about the future for the Lady Vols. Please give Kellie a chance.
Fulmer hired the RIGHT COACH and KJH will prove that she is EXACTLY what the Lady Vol program needs at this point.
let's just ignore the pickle faces and negative nancys and believe that #9 is coming ! :)

Kellie.gif

I'll admit I was a bit underwhelmed with the hire. I was afraid that it was a case of having a candidate that checked the Pat box, checked the female box. But now I am 110% behind her and ready to rise back to the top!

Similar. I was neither underwhelmed nor overwhelmed with the hire. But, I really loved how she handled herself in that PC. She oozes strength and appears genuine. Although for a moment there she seemed to be in a "Why am I sitting here in this chair".

It'll probably take a few days(weeks?) for the reality to sink in that she herself is actually leading this great program built by her mentor. Since college 20+ years ago, this place was where playing dreams were lived out. No more!

Here is a link to the presser. It seems like not many people are excited about Harpers hire, but I for one am THRILLED. I think Pat would be excited as well. I know no one knows how she will do until she does it, but I think the Lady Vols will be back under Kellie's leadership.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How tough is <a href="Kellie Harper (@KellieHarper) | Twitter">@KellieHarper</a>? This story from the 1996-97 season should tell you all you need to know.<br><br>That fierce competitive drive is making its return to Rocky Top. <a href="Lady Vol Basketball on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/DpPbiuvHRk</a></p>&mdash; Lady Vol Basketball (@LadyVol_Hoops) <a href="">April 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is this somebody's idea of a a smart a$$ joke I watch 4 minutes and it's nothing but a microphone and back drop

I thought she knocked it out of the park at the press conference today. Perfect delivery. I’m excited about the future for the Lady Vols. Please give Kellie a chance.
I’ll be honest, I was disappointed with the hire when it was announced. I wanted Niele Ivey. However, after the presser, I am all in. KJH completely sold me. Here’s to the Lady Vols returning to prominence!!!

I’ll be honest, I was disappointed with the hire when it was announced. I wanted Niele Ivey. However, after the presser, I am all in. KJH completely sold me. Here’s to the Lady Vols returning to prominence!!!
giphy.gif

I saw a video during the NCAA tournament of Kellie talking to her Missouri State team in the locker room after one of their upsets. She was happy but did not act surprised. She told them great game but, "You know what? We are better than they are, we knew it before the game, now everybody knows it." She instilled confidence in those players. Looked familiar.

She did well. Phil looked like he either needed a nap or had something else on his mind.

Reactions: SmokinBob
She did well. Phil looked like he either needed a nap or had something else on his mind.
He probably did. Ever think of what he’s been through the last three weeks? And he had always been very close to Holly; he did his job; doesn’t mean it wasn’t tough or what he wanted to have to do. So emotional, mental, physical stress all under a microscope and a time clock. Not fun. But his job, he took it, he had to do it. No kudos for doing his job, but a little grace for the difficulty.

I think we will all look back at this hire as the point at which this program got back on track. I know that she was dismissed at NC State, but that was a different and difficult situation that she inherited. I graduated from Missouri State (back when it was SW Missouri State) and it was a stellar women's basketball program. They would sell out the arena for the Lady Bears games. Their basketball games were a big deal in Springfield, MO and had a big fan following. It had fallen off the rails since Cheryl Burnett stepped down. I was very impressed how Kellie came in, embraced the program, and brought it back to respectability in the MVC. She brought on Jackie Stiles (a legend at Missouri State) as an assistant, which gave her instant favor with the fan base and really did a solid job with recruiting talent and winning games. She has left the program in much better shape for the future than she found it. NC State is in the past and I believe that motivates her even more. Her success at Missouri State in restoring the program is (IN MY OPINION) is what stands out and gives me confidence that she is going to get the Lady Vols back to the top. Plus, I think she did great in the press conference too.

VN Store

Back