Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Agree with the first, disagree strongly with the second sentence.

Yo is very much where KJH was when she was hired. We simply cannot hire another unproven coach who's best resume point is a recent miracle run in the tourney. Yo has already underachieved this year. Pass.

Def understand that. Its not a grand slam and she allegedly turned down Georgia so its not clear to me she would leave OM. Genuinely seems happy there.

I didnt list Nikki Caldwell because for gods sake no.

I dont think Kara would leave Duke.

I continue to be amazed at "lack of effort" posts. Do you really, truly think Kellie sees this ship sinking at her alma mater with her career on board and doesn't care enough to put forth effort? You think they want to epic fail, out loud, in public?

Please explain to me what would motivate a player or coach to intentionally look this bad on tv? That would be laziness on a scale I can't even imagine.

I continue to be amazed at "lack of effort" posts. Do you really, truly think Kellie sees this ship sinking at her alma mater with her career on board and doesn't care enough to put forth effort? You think they want to epic fail, out loud, in public?

Please explain to me what would motivate a player or coach to intentionally look this bad on tv? That would be laziness on a scale I can't even imagine.
I saw a broken coach last night who seemed to not have the answers on the court and in the locker room leading up to and after the loss.

Don't think for one minute she want's to fail, but that's not the issue. She is failing, and has NO idea how to stop it

I saw a broken coach last night who seemed to not have the answers on the court and in the locker room leading up to and after the loss.
The staff includes three members with head coaching experience at the college level. Sam was having success at EKU and Joy had served as interim at FSU.

How can all three "have no answers" re: strategy and in-game adjustments? They all have input.

The staff includes three members with head coaching experience at the college level. Sam was having success at WKU and Joy had served as interim at FSU.

How can all three "have no answers" re: strategy and in-game adjustments? They all have input.
That’s great! And now they are here losing to MTSU. Sam got a significant pay raise, I never blame a coach for leaving EKU HC salary for P5 asst money.

That’s great! And now they are here losing to MTSU. Sam got a significant pay raise, I never blame a coach for leaving EKU HC salary for P5 asst money.

That doesn't address the question. How can it be "incompetence" (i.e. lack of knowledge) with the amount of experience represented? Kellie played or worked under Pat, Joe Ciampi, and Wes Moore (and played AAU for Rick Insell). Samantha was on Wonder Boy's staff for years.

It's unfathomable that no one would know what to do given their vast experience. The questions should be about why certain actions aren't taken re: strategies, timeouts, substitutions, etc. when the current approach isn't working, and particularly why stability in recruiting has suffered.

The coaches are aware that the higher salaries come with higher expectations. It's also highly unlikely that their pride and affection for their players and the game itself would allow them to just coast along out of sheer laziness.

this thread is started by
@StorrsCentral

Storrs = UCONN

Nuff said

No I don't think it's effort or laziness.. I think, as bad as I hate to say it, is the staff just cannot do the job.. Everyone seems to be trying to be good. However they just don't seem to have the tools.

That doesn't address the question. How can it be "incompetence" (i.e. lack of knowledge) with the amount of experience represented? Kellie played or worked under Pat, Joe Ciampi, and Wes Moore (and played AAU for Rick Insell). Samantha was on Wonder Boy's staff for years.

It's unfathomable that no one would know what to do given their vast experience. The questions should be about why certain actions aren't taken re: strategies, timeouts, substitutions, etc. when the current approach isn't working, and particularly why stability in recruiting has suffered.

The coaches are aware that the higher salaries come with higher expectations. It's also highly unlikely that their pride and affection for their players and the game itself would allow them to just coast along out of sheer laziness.

HC has 20 years of mediocrity to failure. Start there with the question needing an answer. She said in her presser last night she “picks apart every decision I (she) make”

There is your answer of addressing incompetence

Reactions: knoxvol52

Some people are chiefs and some are just indians, no slight intended, before i'm tagged racist or anti anything

What’s the point of firing Kelly just to replace her with another inbred?

I am now on the fire Harper bandwagon but I don't think it is fair to insult her. She has done a lot for Vol Nation and the program historically. Her stint may not be working out but we still need to respect her accomplishments.

VN Store

Back