Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

She looks good from three this year also, like her freshman year. The thing with her is that she is one of those unicorn types that has all the tools, she can create her own shot at will, which is a very hard thing to do. Horston can also create her own shot anytime, but her efficiency is not the same as Jackson’s. I like what the poster above said where he/she proposed setting up the offense to get Jackson the most shots but also allowing Jordy to do the Swiss Army knife thing without taking over the offense herself.
There has to be an awareness from the other players that even though this trip down court is Jordy creating for herself, be ready for an assist. Same applies to ‘kea. Playing for an assist? Imagine that….

There has to be an awareness from the other players that even though this trip down court is Jordy creating for herself, be ready for an assist. Same applies to ‘kea. Playing for an assist? Imagine that….
You have to give Jordan a ton of credit for all of the things she does, like rebounding (tops on team), assists and clutch shooting etc, she can out athlete 99% of NCAAW players, she is something. But she isn’t the pure shooter Jackson is, so I think those two find a rhythm soon where they compliment one another. Getting Key back on track along with the aforementioned chemistry between Kea and Jordy will get the LV team in a good place.

If you consider that we've been losing regularly for 15 years--haven't been a national contender for 15 years--then, yea, there's a helluva lot of frustration, and there should be.

Finishing third in a 14-team P5 conference (three straight years) ranked in the Top 15 with a Sweet Sixteen finish and wins last year over five ranked teams is "losing?"

Tough crowd.

As Coach Jumper said, let's use this for positive thoughts. There are numerous negative threads for those so inclined.

So this means that you will be singing the praises of the coaching staff and players when the turnround occurs (along with those who indicate that they agree with you)?

Cool. Looking forward to it.

I will assess them according to their output, as should anyone. You can look forward to this. As I said, I hope it improves. If so, great.

Seriously, how some of you staunch Kellie apologists keep supporting this BS....

3447d0ba-2cce-4290-975f-7c70743a66c5_text.gif
Who do you wish to have hired Darth??? Or just enjoying throwing stones at Kellie?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They'll get together and make a deep run.The talent is there but not playing as a team yet.
As of today they aren't even in the tournament , something has to change before they make a run. The bottom line is we are 2-4 with more talent than most of the top 10 teams, so you figure it out. The last thing, why did she not advance the ball after the timeout, and they more than likely would not have had time to score, even we still turned the ball over

Feel free to find another team.
I am sure you won't be missed
Just stating the problems we have at this time. I will always pull for them. Tell me where I am wrong, whenever we play the top teams the same problems arise. I hope Harper can turn it around but she is going to have to recuit better shooters and more aggressive fundamentally sound players and hope she can coach some of our team up. I think Keyes needs minutes reduced maybe that will help her stamina and urgency on the floor. You can either fix the problems or deny they are there. GBO

I liked to see striplin get more minuets. reason she best big pick seter vols have . She has help Sara and Tess three off not set plays just knoows how to play team ball. Our point shoters will have more open shots with Karoline in there. She know how put rebound back in basket kept up where small players can tied her up or grab the ball from her. Karoline needs minuets to get better and change to show what she can do. Kellie needs to find playing time to keep Karoline lady vol for rest of her college playing time. Marta kellie said can play 3 or 4 spots so you moved her some get karoline minuets.

Just stating the problems we have at this time. I will always pull for them. Tell me where I am wrong, whenever we play the top teams the same problems arise. I hope Harper can turn it around but she is going to have to recuit better shooters and more aggressive fundamentally sound players and hope she can coach some of our team up. I think Keyes needs minutes reduced maybe that will help her stamina and urgency on the floor. You can either fix the problems or deny they are there. GBO

this thread was not put together to create another place to bash the team or look for weaknesses. It is titled "Coach Kellie Harper I am behind you 100%". There are many other threads for that. I am asking for this thread to be the one they can look to for positivity. . . Just in case they do look.

And its not about rainbows and butterflies. Its about showing class and support as a LV fan forum and having at least one thread that fully supports the team and appreciates the effort, both past and future.

That's all @Woodlawn VOL .... If you can't find something positive to say, all I am asking is please post the team's shortcomings or problems on the many threads out there doing nothing but that

Last edited:
There are threads out there with almost nothing except positive posts. You are seeing more than normal because of the hype many posters expressed for this team until Ohio State happened. Our current record isn’t helping. I am pretty sure over 90% of the posters support and want the team to succeed.

Beat a ranked team and the “nagavols” posts disappear.
Beat a top 5 team and Coach Kellie and the team will have nothing but “god like” posts.
Win a natty and the coach/team will be worshipped for a lifetime.
Like someone said, “winning cures everything”.

Anyone (including recruit/families/etc.) that compares this forum to other teams forums will realize this is the most passionate fan base in WBB. Recruits with a lot of confidence will want to play in front of this fan base. Recruits without confidence will want to play at a place with a less passionate fan base.

Agree that comments about about a person looks should be out of bounds but there may be a grey area such as “xxx looks out of shape”. I just try to avoid saying something that may fall in the grey area.

It just feels good to make someone else feel good once in a while. I am pretty critical of things myself. Coaching in particular. And I shared my thoughts. But at some point I have to forget about what they "did" and give them a chance to "do". Kellie in this last game was not outcoached. It was just a loss of a well fought game.

This team is at that juncture. They are coming off the blocks stumbling and last game they played it without doing the things that was causing them to stumble. The girls seem to be starting to sync and the bench seems more determined.

Is this when we all hold hands and sing kumbaya?. Are you sure you you are “100% behind Coach Harper and always will be”?

I am all for supporting the coach/team during the season but that doesn’t mean blindly supporting them. As a kid I grew up in Indiana when Bobby Knight was coach there and many (and many still do) overlooked his flaws.
Misplaced conflation! Bobby Knight’s flaws were more personally unprofessional than strategic. CKH is far from being a Bobby Knight! The insinuation is ridiculous.

Maybe a word of advice:

Saying "I hope things improve" or "I hope things get better" or "I hope Kellie can turn things around"...especially when the statement is followed by "but"...is not exactly sending the message that you are a strong supporter of the program/players/coaches.

I mean, what fan of any team doesn't "hope" that their team wins every game and bring home a championship? Kind of a given.

The word "hope" can be used to express optimism or pessimism. Used one way, it is encouraging and shows expectations of good things ahead. Used another way, it expresses the expectation that things will get worse.

Like telling people "good luck." Said one way, it says, "You'll do great!" Said in a different tone, it says, "Try not to embarrass yourself too much."

Maybe a word of advice:

Saying "I hope things improve" or "I hope things get better" or "I hope Kellie can turn things around"...especially when thDepends e statement is followed by "but"...is not exactly sending the message that you are a strong supporter of the program/players/coaches.

I mean, what fan of any team doesn't "hope" that their team wins every game and bring home a championship? Kind of a given.

The word "hope" can be used to express optimism or pessimism. Used one way, it is encouraging and shows expectations of good things ahead. Used another way, it expresses the expectation that things will get worse.

Like telling people "good luck." Said one way, it says, "You'll do great!" Said in a different tone, it says, "Try not to embarrass yourself too much."
I'd never say "I hope but . . ." directly to the person I'm hopeful for. Of course not. But when discussing a public entertainment, a team, a book, a movie on a fansite? Totally different. I'm firmly in the "I hope but . ." crew on the LVs. I'm trying to be more of a hope than a but, but I've also been awake and watching the last few weeks.

Is "hopeful but terrified because I've been down this road before" an OK compromise?

Go Lady Vols. This team has its warts but also a roster that has talent at every position. If the coaching staff and this team fixes such warts I believe we will all be very happy in March. Go Lady Vols. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Greatest of Thanksgiving is GOD who became flesh and died for our sins. In CHRIST Alone

VN Store

Back