Kellie Harper’s Debut and an Act of Kindness

krichunaka

The Kellie Harper Lady Vols era began in earnest in early-November of last year at ETSU where Lady Buccaneer, Erica Haynes-Overton played an incredible game that kept the home team in that contest and several-thousands of us on our feet until the very end. It was a special night for our new coach, and for a great player; but certainly no more special than for two local teenaged girls who were in attendance, thanks to the kindness of a Vol Nation forum member who, due to some unfortunate familial circumstances offered up his tickets.

A few weeks hence, and due to the generosity of that same man - Jim - my friend and I were granted free admission to the Mississippi State game at TBA. I’m considering the most appropriate means of expressing our gratitude, but for now, CannonVol80, please know that we are grateful beyond words, and that on a special night in Johnson City, you lifted the spirits of two otherwise less-fortunate teenagers who will always treasure that experience.
Cheers!

The Kellie Harper Lady Vols era began in earnest in early-November of last year at ETSU where Lady Buccaneer, Erica Haynes-Overton played an incredible game that kept the home team in that contest and several-thousands of us on our feet until the very end. It was a special night for our new coach, and for a great player; but certainly no more special than for two local teenaged girls who were in attendance, thanks to the kindness of a Vol Nation forum member who, due to some unfortunate familial circumstances offered up his tickets.

A few weeks hence, and due to the generosity of that same man - Jim - my friend and I were granted free admission to the Mississippi State game at TBA. I’m considering the most appropriate means of expressing our gratitude, but for now, CannonVol80, please know that we are grateful beyond words, and that on a special night in Johnson City, you lifted the spirits of two otherwise less-fortunate teenagers who will always treasure that experience.
Cheers!

I named him ‘Sir Cannon‘ years ago. Once again it is proven he truly is a gentleman. He sets the bar for us all. 🧡🧡🧡 Sir Cannon 👋.

I named him ‘Sir Cannon‘ years ago. Once again it is proven he truly is a gentleman. He sets the bar for us all. 🧡🧡🧡 Sir Cannon 👋.

Cunard once famously proclaimed, "Getting There Was Half The Fun!"
Once the Sir Cannon tickets were made available I rushed to pick up my friend who coaches Unaka (no one could ever guess that) and conferred with the staff as to who might best deserve and appreciate the chance to attend the big event. After offering the tickets to the two sophomore candidates we headed on to Johnson City. However, being that neither of the Ladies were licensed to drive, and due to the legalities/liabilities/awkwardness, I could not reasonably propose driving them. So, we headed on ...WITH the tickets.

Fast forward to the beginning of the second quarter:
I get a call from the assistant coach (and Lady Vols season ticket holder) who also attended that game. "They're (the two minor girls) trying to call you. I gave them your number!" So, I phoned the "unknown number."
"We're here!"
"Where?"
"At the game! We're outside!"
"How'd you get here?"
"My grandmaw!"
"Grandmaw's coming to the game?"
"No. She dropped us off."
(Uh oh).
"How are you getting home?"
"With Grandmaw. She's driving around Johnson City until the game is over."

Luckily, I had held on to those precious tickets.

thanks - over the years of reading the LV thread I recognize it is made up of good human beings, some with dogs, others not. I use a phrase - "would you like to have (now buy lunch if a restaurant is open) lunch with him/her." I believe I would enjoy breaking bread with many of you regulars.

VN Store

Back