Keeping up with the transfers

I can remember the angst when each and every one of these players transferred. Now here we sit at 24-2 ranked #5 in the country. Guess we survived after all.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Doubtful. He was behind Alexander and Derek freaking Reese when he was here under Barnes, those 2 didn’t see eye to eye.

McGhee scored 18 last night and 1 in his previous game. He is averaging 21 minutes, 9.4 points and 6.6 rebounds in a weak league. Not sure how that translates in SEC, but IMO his stats would be half or less if he played for an SEC team - so 5 points and 3.5 boards. Fulk is 3.6 points and 2.7 boards in 12 minutes per game, but they play different positions. Fulk is a 5 and McGhee a 4.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Doubtful. He was behind Alexander and Derek freaking Reese when he was here under Barnes, those 2 didn’t see eye to eye.
McGhee scored 18 last night and 1 in his previous game. He is averaging 21 minutes, 9.4 points and 6.6 rebounds in a weak league. Not sure how that translates in SEC, but IMO his stats would be half or less if he played for an SEC team - so 5 points and 3.5 boards. Fulk is 3.6 points and 2.7 boards in 12 minutes per game, but they play different positions. Fulk is a 5 and McGhee a 4.

He's improved since his time in Tennessee. Not saying he's a world beater, but IMO, he's better than Fulky

Outside that 1 game, he's been a key player for the Govs in OVC play. And if you look at the minutes, he's averaging 2x what he was at UT, so the numbers minute wise would likely be about the same

Last edited:
He's improved since his time in Tennessee. Not saying he's a world beater, but IMO, he's better than Fulky

Outside that 1 game, he's been a key player for the Govs in OVC play. And if you look at the minutes, he's averaging 2x what he was at UT, so the numbers minute wise would likely be about the same

I think there’s a huge difference in competition level, if he was likely a SEC level contributor I don’t think he’d have ended up at AP as a graduate transfer.

It worked out best for all. McGhee wasn't happy in CRB's program and having an unhappy player on the roster wouldn't have been a good scenario. He got to log many more minutes away from TN than he ever would have at TN.

VN Store

Back