KC needed this lost..

Dougie_D

I hope it’s a reality check that he’s gonna have to be aggressive and smarter against the top teams we will face.

Definitely didn’t play well.

He’s good but he needs to learn to make smarter passes and not force shots that isn’t there.

Every good team going forward will watch this tape and do the same until KC makes them change the book on him. It’s not rocket science.

I believe it is a typical case of a super freshman who was a top recruit finding out that some of the things he used to pull off before college won’t work so easily against the elite in college basketball.

I felt like Barnes and team were not fully committed to the game plan today. Stuck between shooting 3s and taking mid range jumpers. Pounding it down low for kick out 3s.

Villanova defense was also really good.

I felt like Barnes and team were not fully committed to the game plan today. Stuck between shooting 3s and taking mid range jumpers. Pounding it down low for kick out 3s.

Villanova defense was also really good.
What exactly was our offensive plan today? I didn’t see many ball screens and thought we were a 3 point shooting team? Hard to get open when you’re not setting screens. We looked completely baffled out there today

The Yankee refs weren’t gonna allow him to heat up. The first offensive foul call on him and he had 2 in the first 4-5 mins made him more timid.

Totally the refs fault. Chandler is a god that can make no mistakes. Altho he played like a warm turd.

We got schooled by a more experienced and prepared “TEAM”. They exploited our every weakness. Hopefully we take this as a learning lesson.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Definitely didn’t play well.

He’s good but he needs to learn to make smarter passes and not force shots that isn’t there.
We need to move better off the ball and get the ball moving. We had way too much isolation today. Granted, no one can stay in front of Chandler one on one but it isn’t just one on one. Nova had quick help and everyone else would just stand and watch. You have to work the ball into the paint to have a successful offense and that can happen off the dribble or by throwing it into the post. I think Chandler off the dribble is definitely our best option but the other guys need to work to an open spot, cut to the basket, look to rebound if Chandler shoot, or at least something besides standing around. We did miss a lot of 3s today but we didn’t work the offense to generate an open 3 on most of those. Most were people standing around, D isn’t up on me (possibly be design), so why not? Once we got cold it seemed even the few that were good shots didn’t fall as it was in our heads and we weren’t confident. That’s my 2 pennies anyhow.

Better to have games like this early. Learn, improve and become a better player come tourney time.

Learn more from losing than from winning. (You obviously learn from winning too....but you get the point)

Problem is that this is the way we have been playing in big tournaments at end of season , not just beginning of season.

KC is extremely talented but he was somewhat muted today by the taller more physical defenders that populate the BigEast rosters, the switching defenses were confusing at times and the miss matches and better matchups were extremely hard to find, you get clocked in November so you will be hardened and competitive come March

He's a Freshman, but I saw a few upperclassmen that couldn't buy a bucket. And a few that didn't bring their A game.

VN Store

Back