Kayla McPherson or Brooklynn Miles

Last edited:
Well, she scored a bunch of points, that's for sure and we sure could use the offense. In the end, I hope she plays like the PG who averaged over 30 points regardless if she reminds someone of someone else. I say "play like McPherson!"

Either one would be great, but I have to say that McPherson looks as good as any point guard in the class on video. Miles is a good one as well just a little below JMO. If we get either one won't be unhappy both kind of speed player you need.

I felt the same way. I wish there was a video repository for all levels of basketball that would allow the public to call-up game videos of any player. Too hard to find good quality video now. Not a good search engine for that.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I believe Miles is quicker

I'm good either way, but if I had a choice, I go with the speed and handles over scoring at the PG spot.

I'm good either way, but if I had a choice, I go with the speed and handles over scoring at the PG spot.

Then you may want McPherson she has speed, handles, and can shoot. Her defensive intensity on her highlights are the truth too. I’m with either but now that their may be interest between both TN and McPherson I would like her in Orange rather than having to play her.

Last edited:

Miles is just slightly quicker, but...
McPherson is better by a mile... in fact, wouldn't take Miles at all.
Instead MWiggins could probably do as good a job at point, if not better, and add some extra stuff on the perimeter, rather than Miles.

Last edited:
No disrespect to any of the guards we are recruiting, but from the footage and testimonials I've seen, Kayla could thrive in any offensive system. In fact, the system might be adapted to her talents as much as the reverse (when she enters the game).
Meaning that her number might get called often to take advantage of her scoring ability.

If she is a team player and competitor, she and the other Lady Vols will welcome the competition in practice to push each other and will want the best possible team at every position...even if that means not being "the show." We need distributors and defenders who can score, not ball hogs. McPherson sounds like someone who wants to win regardless of who leads in scoring each game. That's the kind of player our northern nemesis cultivates, and it pays off in results for both team and individuals.

Not sure this is the best topic on a public forum. Could definitely be perceived negatively by a recruit and/or their family.

Truth is both players would fill a need. Tennessee is desperate for another PG, and both are quick, athletic lead guards that this team is missing. I agree we are recruiting two players for one spot, but let's let Kellie and co. make the decision of who is the better fit for the team.

#GBO

VN Store

Back