KaTron Evans released from NLI

No loyalty, it is all about the coaches and the NCAA breathing down UT's neck doesn't help........Thanks, Pruitt

I think this is a conspiracy, JP came here to get even with UT over the Fulmer issue.

Go Vols

Considering Fulmer hired him that is some next level stuff. Get paid millions to wreck a program AND get revenge!

Reactions: FlyFishnVol
No loyalty, it is all about the coaches and the NCAA breathing down UT's neck doesn't help........Thanks, Pruitt

I think this is a conspiracy, JP came here to get even with UT over the Fulmer issue.

Go Vols

As ridiculous as that sounds, it's actually crossed my mind a time or two. However just remember, Fulmer hired him. He could've hired one of our guys in Kevin Steele. Now, would we have gotten better results? Who knows. But in hindsight I wish we had hired one of ours over one of theirs. And I hope we never hire another Bammer tater digger ever again.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Usually, a new head coach wants as many people gone from a team as possible who don’t want to be there, particularly in a situation Tennessee is currently in.

Tennessee is going to lose short term anyway (I know you don’t want to hear that), so you don’t want anyone around who may potentially cause problems for those who are truly invested in the program.

In addition, it frees up scholarships for guys you want as opposed to having to coddle guys that you didn’t bring to the school in the first place.

Heupel knows he has a grace period and you generally want to get all of this crap over and done with in year 1 so you can make great strides in year 2.

None of these guys who left Tennessee this far are program changers.
I’m not surprised. Ive questioned for a while now, how many of these kids actually wanted to be here.
GBO!!

Reactions: davethevol
As ridiculous as that sounds, it's actually crossed my mind a time or two. However just remember, Fulmer hired him. He could've hired one of our guys in Kevin Steele. Now, would we have gotten better results? Who knows. But in hindsight I wish we had hired one of ours over one of theirs. And I hope we never hire another Bammer tater digger ever again.
Maybe it was Fulmers way of getting even with Tennessee...🤔
GBO!!

I didn’t mean to suggest the grace period would last forever.

The problems are about more than just talent.

Heupel will need at least a year to change the culture at Tennessee.
I'm pretty sure 99gator said months ago UT will know when they find their guy. That he will win all the games he should and not be destroyed by the ones he shouldn't. Talent wise I only see Florida, Bama, and UGA as having more talent. Talent has not been UTs problem. We have had morons driving the bus.

The most likely answer is that promises were made by Pruitt and Co that Heupel isn't going to fulfill.

The scary answer is: he was a teammate of Aaron Willis and maybe he knows something we don't about Willis' future with the Vols.

I'm hoping for the more likely answer.
Was he teammates with Willis or Dominic Bailey? Either way, it would be a big loss if we lost one of those as well.

VN Store

Back