Karoline miked up

favorite NBA player is Larry Bird

in her bio it says
  • Admires the playing styles of Candace Parker, Larry Bird and Kevin McHale.
  • In a chance meeting as a sophomore at an elite basketball camp, former Indiana State men’s coach Bill Hodges told Striplin she was the best post player he’d seen since Larry Bird.

YESSSSSS!!! We are in for a treat watching this one for, hopefully, four years!

Oh, and I am relieved to hear Joy instructing her to "go get it" after she posts up hard. I've been frustrated for years watching our posts get set but then just standing and waiting for the ball to come to them every time. Sometimes you don't have time to do anything else, I know, but the goal should always be to post hard to get position and then make at least a small move toward the ball to help prevent the defense from knocking it away and to create a little more space to improve chances of getting a shot off cleanly.

Way to coach 'em up, Joy! :D

The one thing that stuck with me (well two) were how small/short Kellie looks with her players. The other is how loose and having fun the ladies seem to be.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Great family, Mom and Dad, both approachable and humble, yet confident and hard working...funny how traits like those trickle down into the children.

I love her and Kaiya’s interaction lol… You can tell Karoline is absorbing what both the players and coaches are trying to tell her she is trying to get minutes early and i like that.

I remember Kellie getting on her team in a practice video about hitting the opponent “nose to nose” when making contact down low and Karo seems to be doing that she is hitting that pad on the post up.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
I love her and Kaiya’s interaction lol… You can tell Karoline is absorbing what both the players and coaches are trying to tell her she is trying to get minutes early and i like that.

I remember Kellie getting on her team in a practice video about hitting the opponent “nose to nose” when making contact down low and Karo seems to be doing that she is hitting that pad on the post up.

I detest that pad...;o)

I employ an offensive lineman and tell em to man-up, so these player can get a real sense of what they will be facing.
But, I am not the one running the drills

Reactions: NoBackBoard
I detest that pad...;o)

I employ an offensive lineman and tell em to man-up, so these player can get a real sense of what they will be facing.

Lol… they r probably worried more about the person holding the pad than Karo herself 🤣

Lol… they r probably worried more about the person holding the pad than Karo herself 🤣

Society has got to get over this fear. When I ran contact layups for my girls I had a 6'3" 301 lb ex-offensive lineman from Carson Newman (the girls called him Pooh-Bear) to stand in as the opposition...I gave Pooh this talk,,,do not initiate contact, absorb it. And do not give a soft shoulder, hold tight,,,make them work to move you...at first the girls were giddy and uncertain, but as the drill wore on, Pooh resisted as told and the girls began to get comfortable and found out what it was like to initiate a hit on a bigger human (not a bag)...In the end, when certain of my girls would come up for their run,,,Pooh would wince as he knew he was about to get rocked by a 16 year old girl!

This showed up in a game several times....I once had one of my players, Bree, hit a girl so hard on contact-drive that she knocked her completely into the out of bounds,,,the ref looked at the fallen girl and whistled, "foul",,,Bree took the foul shots and beamed at the aspect of being able to plow into someone and get the call!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Society has got to get over this fear. When I ran contact layups for my girls I had a 6'3" 301 lb ex-offensive lineman from Carson Newman (the girls called him Pooh-Bear) to stand in as the opposition...I gave Pooh this talk,,,do not initiate contact, absorb it. And do not give a soft shoulder, hold tight,,,make them work to move you...at first the girls were giddy and uncertain, but as the drill wore on, Pooh resisted as told and the girls began to get comfortable and found out what it was like to initiate a hit on a bigger human (not a bag)...In the end, when certain of my girls would come up for their run,,,Pooh would wince as he knew he was about to get rocked by a 16 year old girl!

This showed up in a game several times....I once had one of my players, Bree, hit a girl so hard on contact-drive that she knocked her completely into the out of bounds,,,the ref looked at the fallen girl and whistled, "foul",,,Bree took the foul shots and beamed at the aspect of being able to plow into someone and get the call!

that’s great but Karo is hitting that pad hard and with a football playing dad and coach as a mom i’m sure she knows how to make that translate over to the real thing 😎

I’m thinking she and Kaiya will get regular minutes and looking forward to it

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I detest that pad...;o)

I also like practice to mimick game action as much as possible. A pad has a much different feel than a shoulder or an arm swipe.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Heh. In my experience, some of the friendliest and chattiest players you meet before games can turn into the roughest, meanest [expletives] on the court. I am going to be interested to see if that "rule" holds up here.

It's wise of Coach Kellie to use "the pad" on hard contact to lessen the chance of injury for one of her potential star players.....Karoline could easily injure her back on such hard contact...

Even her knee could be injured if she crashed into the guy without the pad holding her off of his body...If the two of them got tangled up and fell hard to the floor, any injury is possible....

Coach Kellie knows to protect her players......

It's wise of Coach Kellie to use "the pad" on hard contact to lessen the chance of injury for one of her potential star players.....Karoline could easily injure her back on such hard contact...

Even her knee could be injured if she crashed into the guy without the pad holding her off of his body...If the two of them got tangled up and fell hard to the floor, any injury is possible....

Coach Kellie knows to protect her players......

You bounce off of the pad, GT,,,you don't bounce off of a human
but it is what it is

VN Store

Back