Kara Lawson hired as an assistant for the Celtics

Sadly, we won't be a contender this year unless we get some help in free agency. We have no post game since Horford is taking off with Kyrie. Our three best players also play the same position and aren't particularly useful playing outside of the wing.

Kara will have her work cut out for her, but Stevens is an excellent coach to learn from.
The Celts just landed Kemba Walker... that makes up for losing Kyrie Irving.

That will absolutely sicken me if we had a legit chance to get her and chose not to??? Please no....

As the athletic director, would you hire as head coach of a major women's college basketball program, a person who has never been a coach in any capacity? (don't bring up that 3 on 3 crap).

The Celts just landed Kemba Walker... that makes up for losing Kyrie Irving.
Not a done deal...yet. But he would be an upgrade over Irving IMO. He won't be a chemistry killer. The thought of having to support another UConn player does bug me, but I barely remembered where Ray Allen played in college when he was helping us win championships. I do think they need to offload one of Brown or Hayward for an elite post player...

At least Kara won't have to deal with Kyrie the Diva. Does she live in CT now? Wonder if she'll be setting up residence here?

Well I guess the stage is set.

Either she wins or Kara will get the nxt opportunity
It’s too bad that Kara didn’t get the “first”opportunity. She’s one basketball knowledgeable lady and will quickly and easily make-up for lack of coaching experience. The Lady Vols are fortunate to have her in the wings. I seriously doubt she’ll ever turn-down a chance to be the Vols head coach —-if it’s ever offered.

It’s too bad that Kara didn’t get the “first”opportunity. She’s one basketball knowledgeable lady and will quickly and easily make-up for lack of coaching experience. The Lady Vols are fortunate to have her in the wings. I seriously doubt she’ll ever turn-down a chance to be the Vols head coach —-if it’s ever offered.

She’ll get her chance.

There is no way I am putting an inexperienced "never COACHed" person in charge of a team on this level.
She played here. She didn't coach here.
Coaching is different.

Coaching is managing,,
Playing is
"you want fries with that?"

Last edited:
Reactions: gule

VN Store

Back