Kara Lawson emerges as a leading candidate for Duke job

Wow! I actually liked (loved) the idea of her coming to UT.

She would be an amazing hire for Duke. I’m sure she would assemble a staff of sharp, intelligent basketball minds. I think their recruiting would take a turn in the right direction given that she coached USA Basketball. Simply put, Kara just has that IT factor. She would attract HS kids big time. She checks ALL the boxes, I think.

Sorta makes you wonder why she wasn’t at the top of UTs list of picks... or do I remember her turning the job down?

She gained experience with USA basketball and the Celtics so maybe her taking that route made her realize her passion.... this could get interesting real quick 🤔

Sorta makes you wonder why she wasn’t at the top of UTs list of picks... or do I remember her turning the job down?

She gained experience with USA basketball and the Celtics so maybe her taking that route made her realize her passion.... this could get interesting real quick 🤔

If she gets the job at Duke !!!!!! MAJOR FOPAUX for PHIL ..... JMO

I could be wrong but I heard that she did interview for the job and UT which would make the most recent article make a lot more sense

I hope she gets the job and becomes a Blue Devil for life. Let her “fix” all their problems.

Reactions: Silence Dogood
Ummmm USA basketball and the Boston Celtics are pretty significant coaching jobs.....imo.

I guess I haven't followed the NBA closely because I missed the news that an NBA team head a female head coach.

The NBA hiring women as assistant coaches is as much about Woke/Public Relations as it is anything else. Besides, the NBA (and WNBA) is far removed from the game of women's college basketball.

I guess I haven't followed the NBA closely because I missed the news that an NBA team head a female head coach.

The NBA hiring women as assistant coaches is as much about Woke/Public Relations as it is anything else. Besides, the NBA (and WNBA) is far removed from the game of women's college basketball.
We can agree to disagree! Great hire for Duke and extremely happy for Kara! Wish we could have gotten her here in the first place. :)

She has never won a game, never ran a program and never shown anything except admiration for all things "geno". At least Kelly started small and worked her way up toward the top level. Kara is the next Stephanie White?
I am thinking not the next Stephanie White but get her off the trustees and push her agenda at the dukies!

I would both love it and be heartbroken. Despite having no experience as a college head coach, in my opinion Kara was the most brilliant basketball mind available when the Lady Vols job came open. Not having experience in the recruiting/administrative side could have been overcome with the right support staff hires. If she gets the job at Duke I don't think it will take long for the naysayers [who didn't think she should have been considered at Tennessee] to have to eat some crow.

I can see her being the type of exacting, demanding coach that Pat was -- only with a far sharper basketball IQ. Pat's strength was her unmatched will and toughness. She was a force of nature who could bring out the best in young women -- even if sometimes she was hard-nosed to a fault.

Kara may turn out to be much like Pat in that I don't see her being the type of coach who is overly friendly with the players. She'll hire a softer shoulder for the players, but, like Pat, Kara's players will know she wants the best for them.

In my opinion, Duke would be insane not to hire Lawson if she's interested.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!

I would both love it and be heartbroken. Despite having no experience as a college head coach, in my opinion Kara was the most brilliant basketball mind available when the Lady Vols job came open. Not having experience in the recruiting/administrative side could have been overcome with the right support staff hires. If she gets the job at Duke I don't think it will take long for the naysayers [who didn't think she should have been considered at Tennessee] to have to eat some crow.

I can see her being the type of exacting, demanding coach that Pat was -- only with a far sharper basketball IQ. Pat's strength was her unmatched will and toughness. She was a force of nature who could bring out the best in young women -- even if sometimes she was hard-nosed to a fault.

Kara may turn out to be much like Pat in that I don't see her being the type of coach who is overly friendly with the players. She'll hire a softer shoulder for the players, but, like Pat, Kara's players will know she wants the best for them.

In my opinion, Duke would be insane not to hire Lawson if she's interested.
SPOT ON! It’s a done deal, Duke isn’t insane! Lol

VN Store

Back