Kara Lawson can continue as UT Trustee

Just read where Kara could continue as trustee as far as Duke is concerned!! I would hope she would be shown the door ASAP. Do not want her near UT since she is pitching for the other team! JMHO as always!
Why should she be shown the door? Its not her fault that Tennessee did not offer her the job. She got to work also. Grow up

Why should she be shown the door? Its not her fault that Tennessee did not offer her the job. She got to work also. Grow up

No, it’s not “her fault” (unless she told them she wasn’t) but it does seem like a conflict of interest when you are promoting another school. Just probably not good business to be honest.

No, it’s not “her fault” (unless she told them she wasn’t) but it does seem like a conflict of interest when you are promoting another school. Just probably not good business to be honest.
Well I am sure UT will figure this out

I would not hesitate for even one second to trust that Kara would be able to continue to carry out her term as trustee without compromising either Tennessee or Duke. She has loads and loads of a thing called integrity, and is honest to a fault.

The only thing I would think she might be considering is whether remaining on the board and having to be occasionally physically present in Knoxville might at some point clash with some can’t-miss event at Duke. It’s only the possibility of physical-presence dillemmas, NOT any ridiculous fear that she might leak secrets of either institution, that is really the only issue.

It’s her Alma Mater for God’s sake. People will complain about anything anymore.

Preach on.. Same ppl also said no for her as TN head coach because she doesn't have experience, but can't be happy for her as DUKE Head coach. Stop the hate, be respectful, life is not all about u.

Last edited:
I would not hesitate for even one second to trust that Kara would be able to continue to carry out her term as trustee without compromising either Tennessee or Duke. She has loads and loads of a thing called integrity, and is honest to a fault.

The only thing I would think she might be considering is whether remaining on the board and having to be occasionally physically present in Knoxville might at some point clash with some can’t-miss event at Duke. It’s only the possibility of physical-presence dillemmas, NOT any ridiculous fear that she might leak secrets of either institution, that is really the only issue.

I have only one question concerning your statement. "leak secrets" She is a trustee of the "school" not the goings on of the internal operations of the athletic dept. and even if in this position she does see what is going on with the athletic dept., this does not mean she would be privy to coaching tactics.

It's a good thing for Lawson's resume and for Duke.....Head coach of Duke, and is on the board of trustees at one of her major competition for recruits...The recruits will love this one.....

Some of you people don't want to realize she is no longer looking out for the best interest of the Lady Vols...She is now, and for the foreseeable future, the head coach of Duke and will be looking out for their best interest, as any head coach does....

How about Coach Kellie being on the board of trustees at Duke...They would laugh their butts off at that thought....

Hopefully, the board of trustees at UT will figure this one out. Lawson is a great gal, but now she wears Blue and White.

Preach on.. Same ppl also said no for her as TN head coach because she doesn't have experience, but can't be happy for her as DUKE Head coach. Stop the hate, be respectful, life is not all about u.

Again, some people aren’t questioning her integrity but the integrity of others who may be in her circle. Why even put her in that position where she may have to choose ?

Pointless pot stirring. The articles in question are simply reporting that Duke has no policy that prevents one of its coach from sitting on the board of another institution.
UT has to decide if they want Kara to continue and, if so, Kare would not to decide if she wants that additional responsibility.

This backlash against Kare for taking a freakin' job is hard to understand. Every story i have seen is that Fulmer chose Kellie over Kara, so KL took a job with the Celtics and now Duke. Really, what are people getting bent out of shape over.

I can appreciate a segment would have liked to seen Kara on the UT sidelines but that was not her fault. I think we have a really good coach.

It remains to be seen how Kara will do with Duke. I suspect she will be successful but there is no reason to assume, at this point, that she is a huge upgrade over Kellie. They are both really good options.

I have only one question concerning your statement. "leak secrets" She is a trustee of the "school" not the goings on of the internal operations of the athletic dept. and even if in this position she does see what is going on with the athletic dept., this does not mean she would be privy to coaching tactics.

I was responding to others who were that that Kara is “the enemy” now and implying that she might somehow betray Tennessee as such. I don’t know how she could, and I am 100% confident that even if she could, she wouldn’t.

True story. Let’s hope UT’s decision to pass doesn’t bite us in the rump. I hope she does well at Duke. I was pulling for her to land the Tennessee job. Fulmer went with the “safe” hire. Either way, I’m 100% Vol. 😎

Reactions: tnvols72
True story. Let’s hope UT’s decision to pass doesn’t bite us in the rump. I hope she does well at Duke. I was pulling for her to land the Tennessee job. Fulmer went with the “safe” hire. Either way, I’m 100% Vol. 😎
Again a very reliable LV source stated on this forum that Kara did not want the job!!!!!! Kara has stated that the duke job was her dream job so let her coach her dream jobs teams. Only Kara and Phil are the ones that know for sure so give it a rest. Move on from the orange to the blue and quit rubbing your rear ends cause she is not here!

Again a very reliable LV source stated on this forum that Kara did not want the job!!!!!! Kara has stated that the duke job was her dream job so let her coach her dream jobs teams. Only Kara and Phil are the ones that know for sure so give it a rest. Move on from the orange to the blue and quit rubbing your rear ends cause she is not here!

I don’t buy it.

Just read where Kara could continue as trustee as far as Duke is concerned!! I would hope she would be shown the door ASAP. Do not want her near UT since she is pitching for the other team! JMHO as always!
Really not a conflict of interest unless her role was overseeing the payments to athletes. 🤔 Overreaction much?

Reactions: lvocd
I have no doubt that she will be replaced and in all honesty she should resign! Loved her as a trustee until started the complaining that we have not had many diversity in our head coaches! She should have been up to date and know that was not true.

"Diversity" ?? Are you kidding me? UT has always been a champion of that. AND, just take a look around the Country at "Diversity". Minnesota , Atlanta, Chicago, Seattle, Yep. Diversity is a great thing; as long as the Subjects are qualified and represent all the people. Elevating someone because of race or gender and not qualifications is asinine.

It might be wise to allow Kara to keep a foot in the door, so to speak. You know, just in case...

I would have taken her over Harper nut right now I support Harper until I dont

VN Store

Back