Kamal Hadden Appreciation Post

Hadden redeemed himself with the pick-6. Legette is the most productive WR in the SEC (also the fastest) and he did pretty well against him.

He's a great talent and has had his hands on several balls that should've been picks. If he continues his pace he will almost certainly walk away from Knoxville a millionaire.
Well, let's be honest about the pick six....Hadden was the only one with even a remote chance of catching that ball. Kudos to him for making the play, but it wasn't like he made some spectacular defensive play on the ball.

PFF, but I admit I was a bit off with the numbers.

Hadden: 26 targets, 10 catches, 64 yards, 2.5 YPA
Jeudy-Lally: 21 targets, 16 catches, 170 yards, 8.1 YPA

Opposing coaches might think they can pick on Hadden, but obviously it hasn't worked for them yet.
Well, I will admit it is more even than I thought it would be, maybe Im stuck on the P.I.'s and the tackling against Florida and its shading my opinion, idk, he just seems to be around bad plays more than good ones

Well, I will admit it is more even than I thought it would be, maybe Im stuck on the P.I.'s and the tackling against Florida and its shading my opinion, idk, he just seems to be around bad plays more than good ones
That’s fair, but I’d argue that’s the nature of the cornerback position. If they’re doing their job we don’t see it. This board often acted like Emmanuel Moseley and Justin Coleman were scrubs for the same reason.

That’s why the stats are helpful. There’s definitely been improvement from Haddon this year.

The people that bring up the hip bump play never critique the front seven and safety failing to make the play. They instead blame the cornerback in pursuit on the play (who should have been in pursuit with a lower pad level). It really shows who understands the game versus those who react to what sensationally makes sense.
So he’s not supposed to make that tackle? I’ve misunderstood football my whole life. So sad.

I was waiting on him to get stripped after the interception until the sideline was screaming for him to get down

VN Store

Back