Kalen DeBoer expected to be next Alabama Head Coach

The giveaway was when DeBoer canceled his scheduled radio interview with that Seattle sports station this morning.

If I’m UW, I offer Pete Carroll while he’s still in Seattle.
UW could do worse. I just wonder how much Carroll has left in the tank. Man is same age as Saban, been there, done that. I know I would be focused on retirement and never waking up to an alarm clock again.

Not true, he recruited the south at Mizzou and recruited the south at Central Florida!
True.

"Recruiting in the south" does not equate to "SEC ties" to have SEC ties, you need to coach in the SEC which he did. 7 years ago. Point being, if JH can do it, then why not DeBoer. Don't delude yourself, 'Bama ain't dumb and they know, especially these days, that having SEC ties is a false disclaimer. Or did they just ****up themselves big time?

My bet is on 'Bama being 'Bama, sharp and on target.

104-12 record>SEC ties. You can either coach or you can’t. Wherever you have lived

He was 67-3 at Sioux Falls, that record is a little watered down. 37-9 at Fresno and 2 yrs with a top 5 QB draft pick. And had Jake Haener at Fresno, who is on the Saints Roster. And his teams nor his conference play an ounce of defense. We saw what happens when his team plays a team with a defense. They got the Brakes beaten off them. He's Brian Harsin, Dan Hawkins 3.0

Reactions: ZZ13
This is the laziest comparison that I've ever seen. There is nothing in Deboer's resume to suggest he is anything like Bryan Harsin.

Show me where he isn't? 67 of his wins came at Sioux Falls, won 1 conference championship at the FBS level. Got their brakes beaten by a team with a defense. Coached in 2 conferences that every SEC fan says sucked. So is the Pac 12 suddenly great now?? It can't be both ways. Do you think he wins without an NFL QB running his offense or in a league that actually plays Defense?? Pull your mouth off his junk!

Reactions: GoVols15
Show me where he isn't? 67 of his wins came at Sioux Falls, won 1 conference championship at the FBS level. Got their brakes beaten by a team with a defense. Coached in 2 conferences that every SEC fan says sucked. So is the Pac 12 suddenly great now?? It can't be both ways. Do you think he wins without an NFL QB running his offense or in a league that actually plays Defense??
Well first off, the P12 was very good this year so I don't see how that is being used as a negative. Harsin was handed the keys to the kingdom by Chris Petersen when he was hired at Boise. DeBoer took over a 4-8 Washington program from Jimmy Lake and proceeded to go 25-3 in his two years in Seattle. And you don't think he'll have the ability the recruit an "NFL QB" at Bama? I mean the top ranked QB in this class is already on campus, so seems like the QB room is in pretty good shape for the foreseeable future.

this will be a good hire for Bama.

Saban was probably worth 1 extra win a season vs another good coach in the same position. Something about the mystique allowed them to escape some games.

Reactions: Pennheel
Great hire!!! He won’t be Saban of course but he’s won everywhere he’s been and will now have more resources and talent at his disposal than anywhere he has coached at. This guy will be a big problem for us

Well first off, the P12 was very good this year so I don't see how that is being used as a negative. Harsin was handed the keys to the kingdom by Chris Petersen when he was hired at Boise. DeBoer took over a 4-8 Washington program from Jimmy Lake and proceeded to go 25-3 in his two years in Seattle. And you don't think he'll have the ability the recruit an "NFL QB" at Bama? I mean the top ranked QB in this class is already on campus, so seems like the QB room is in pretty good shape for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, but it was with a veteran team comprised of several players signed by Petersen. Although, Deboer did lure Penix Jr. away from Indiana, and did well in the portal in general. Still, DeBoer took over a program on better footing than you are trying to make it sound like. Petersen's last 3 classes from 2018-2020 all finished 16th in 247's class rankings.

It's easy to see this going either way. I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means. He simply hasn't coached in major college football very long.

Yeah, but it was with a veteran team comprised of several players signed by Petersen. Although, Deboer did lure Penix Jr. away from Indiana, and did well in the portal in general. Still, DeBoer took over a program on better footing than you are trying to make it sound like. Petersen's last 3 classes from 2018-2020 all finished 16th in 247's class rankings.

It's easy to see this going either way. I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means. He simply hasn't coached in major college football very long.
I’m in no way suggesting that it’s a slam dunk that he’s going to be highly successful, although I think it’s likely he will. I was just responding to a post comparing him to Harsin, which I think is the height of laziness.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

VN Store

Back