Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Hubbs?
Issac Washington, Aaron Willis, Martavious French, and Kaidan Salter continue to miss practice as they remain suspended from school following a dorm room incident last month leading to the four being cited for simple possession. On Thursday, Salter’s case in juvenile court was dismissed WITH prejudice. Early next week, the suspended players are scheduled to meet with the office of student conduct. Heupel didn’t have any new update other than he is hopeful of a resolution sooner rather than later.

Yes he should. If the charges are dropped its ****ing stupid to keep him out of spring practice. It’s typical TN.
It’s typical college sports discipline. STUPID to act like all’s well. Just begging them to waste a second chance. Legal mess is resolved...now for them to learn so they can be better teammates.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
It’s typical college sports discipline. STUPID to act like all’s well. Just begging them to waste a second chance. Legal mess is resolved...now for them to learn so they can be better teammates.

Charges dropped, run his ass for punishment but let him practice. There is nothing gained by anyone from keeping him out of practice.

Charges dropped, run his ass for punishment but let him practice. There is nothing gained by anyone from keeping him out of practice.
Gotta show them there’s something to LOSE...or they eventually will. Come back for summer session and Fall camp raring to go and educated. Team will benefit.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
Gotta show them there’s something to LOSE...or they eventually will. Come back for summer session and Fall camp raring to go and educated. Team will benefit.

That attitude is a contributing factor to the situation we have been in for almost 20 years. SEC football is no longer about developing quality young men, its 100% about winning games.

That attitude is a contributing factor to the situation we have been in for almost 20 years. SEC football is no longer about developing quality young men, its 100% about winning games.
Yep.
bama, UGA, UF, LSU, Auburn aren’t recruiting choir boys. Neither should we.
im fine with a bunch of thugs that win over choir boys that lose...just being honest.

Yep.
im fine with a bunch of thugs that win over choir boys that lose...just being honest.

I hate that it’s come to this but it’s reality and I can’t stand losing.

The only thing there is to lose is football games and I would rather win football games.

I don’t give a **** if the players are making meth in their dorms. Win football games.

I’ve had no effect...neither have you. Acceptance that you’re dependent on the right hire establishing his PROCESS (which includes discipline) and THAT leading to winning rather than blowhards narratives on a message board...first step. Fake contrived percentages are fake.

The only thing there is to lose is football games and I would rather win football games.

I don’t give a **** if the players are making meth in their dorms. Win football games.
You just come up with that? If not, it’s been yore thang all along? Why are we not winning? Gotta hire the right guy and let him establish his process. Give a **** or don’t...means the same.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

Ya think?!?!?!? LOL, we've had characters going back to at least 1951's Doug Atkins as Vols. The SEC has been full of bad boys not choir boys since it's inception. Stop this silly nonsense. If a coach turns somebody around that's a serendipity but the SEC has always been about winnng games 100% developing choir boys, go to Notre Dame as if that's what they do.

Ya think?!?!?!? LOL, we've had characters going back to at least 1951's Doug Atkins as Vols. The SEC has been full of bad boys not choir boys since it's inception. Stop this silly nonsense. If a coach turns somebody around that's a serendipity but the SEC has always been about winnng games 100% developing choir boys, go to Notre Dame as if that's what they do.
They’ll get developed. Just gonna need to sweat first.

Let the kid learn and move on. Geez . It’s weed . Not heroine or drinking and driving or rape. Like in the next 10 years it’ll be legal across the US. Be the norm . smh.

Regardless of its legalization or it being "the norm", just like alcohol, the legal age for buying or possessing weed in the states where it is legal is 21. So even in 10 years the kid would have been in trouble with the law and faced issued with the team.

Yep.

As long as they don't kick kittens, right?

As long as they don't kick kittens, right?
Of course there are exceptions.
if he did a terrible act of cruelty to a defenseless animal, that is on its face pretty unforgivable.
it also is an obvious sign of sociopathy.

Do you question Mahomes now after what the Bucs did to him? Hard to play QB when you don't have time. Doesn't help they lost one of the best linemen, on a terrible line, 2 games prior. But sure lets question his talents based off 1 game plan executed to perfection.
I question Salters ability to be a messiah Qb like some here hinted because of that game. It’s not like he is going to see that type of defense one time a year in the SEC. He will see that type of defense at least 3 times per year against the three rivals we are chasing every year. Now that he can not even keep his nose clean for his first two months here, I question his maturity to ever make an impact here. All this is subject to change if he gets his act together.

Reactions: feathersax
I question Salters ability to be a messiah Qb like some here hinted because of that game. It’s not like he is going to see that type of defense one time a year in the SEC. He will see that type of defense at least 3 times per year against the three rivals we are chasing every year. Now that he can not even keep his nose clean for his first two months here, I question his maturity to ever make an impact here. All this is subject to change if he gets his act together.
At the moment he looks like a follower not a leader. But, it’s worth noting that he should still be in high school looking for a prom date. Guys mature a lot from seniors in HS to sophomores in college - way too early to give up on him.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Seriously. This is not the NFL. These are suppose to be college students. Who wants a bunch of “thugs” walking around campus.
Can I be completely honest here.
I don’t know any of our players.
I root for them because of their uniform.
I am rooting for the city, state, and school that I’m from.
growing up in Knoxville, and attending UT made me a fan of Vols.
Do some of our players and coaches embarrass me with their off the field behavior.
Sure.
but, I have no control over that. I COULD only root for schools that never have problems or I could stop following college sports.
but, I enjoy it too much.
the 1998 football title in Tempe, the miracle in South Bend, the Sugar Bowl upset of Miami, all brought me great fan joy.
been a lot of slim Pickens since then.
but, as my avatar avows,I was born and bred as a Vol, 24 hours\7 days a week.
I root for my school, no matter whose in those uniforms.
that’s just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back