Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I haven't seen addressed or mentioned is that the reports say that one person assaulted the guy who opened the door, there were 5 individuals listed as the group who participated in the incident, and 4 football players were suspended. Who was the 5th person? Was he a football player or just a student or non-student? Was he the one who assaulted the guy who opened the door? Anyone have any info on the 5th guy?
5th guy may have been the “victim”. I quote “victim” because I don’t feel any drug dealer is a “victim” of anything he didn’t sign up for. However, personal feelings aside, I think a lot of people are missing the point. IF an assault took place and the players were there, they are all guilty of whatever crime took place as much as the aggressor is. If no one talks then they’ll never know “who” (if anyone) assaulted the guy and therefore ALL will be given the same punishment as if they ALL took the swing.

Fun fact...Tennessee under Fulmer never won the “Fulmer Cup”. The name was invented by our rivals, Georgia or Alabama fans would be my guess. Both Georgia and Alabama have been winners.

I believe it was Florida fans because it or not. The center of Thug U.

This poor decision brings their intellect and morality into question. As for Kaidon, I was already questioning his intellect, and his ability to make good, quick decisions, with the ball, after watching Katy High School destroy him, by taking away his athletic ability in space, and pressuring him, mercilessly, and forcing him into three pics and a fumble. All of which resulted in points(1 pic-six). How is he ever going to handle an Alabama, UGA or LSU? Plus, he's a bit scrony.

Do you question Mahomes now after what the Bucs did to him? Hard to play QB when you don't have time. Doesn't help they lost one of the best linemen, on a terrible line, 2 games prior. But sure lets question his talents based off 1 game plan executed to perfection.

Let me shed some light. Kaidon is a good kid. He is quiet and doesn't ever get into trouble. This was surprising to say the least. We will let it all come out and then ya'll can pass your judgement. I assure Kaidon isn't a tough guy nor an enforcer. Not to make excuses but we can only think his dads condition may be a root cause. People, especially kids, deal with things a different way. Very few thought Ken would pull through like he has and the past week has been phenomenal. Changes have already been noticed with the other boys and not in a great way. It's being handled and hopefully with their dad on his way to recovery they go back to the great kids they are. And for the one asking for his donation back, shoot me a message with how much and I'll gladly reimburse you since it was sent for Kaidon, and not Ken.

If you rob a drug dealer will the supplier come after you?
Unless the supplier fronted the supply, dude should have his money already. He’s probably just hoping, for the dude who got jumped, to not rat him out and it seems like that guy’s not talking. What I heard was the dealer was charging normal students cheaper prices and when the football players would buy, they would up charge them. From the rumors it doesn’t sound like it was just a random occurrence. They wanted retribution for being screwed over. Not saying it’s excusable, but it’s better than just rolling up on a random dealer and taking his ish for themselves.

Now..... do you know how to fix this and avoid these situations completely? Legalize it and regulate it. Prohibition doesn’t work and only leads to more crime.

Let me shed some light. Kaidon is a good kid. He is quiet and doesn't ever get into trouble. This was surprising to say the least. We will let it all come out and then ya'll can pass your judgement. I assure Kaidon isn't a tough guy nor an enforcer. Not to make excuses but we can only think his dads condition may be a root cause. People, especially kids, deal with things a different way. Very few thought Ken would pull through like he has and the past week has been phenomenal. Changes have already been noticed with the other boys and not in a great way. It's being handled and hopefully with their dad on his way to recovery they go back to the great kids they are. And for the one asking for his donation back, shoot me a message with how much and I'll gladly reimburse you since it was sent for Kaidon, and not Ken.
We are all pulling for Ken. The Salter family look to be very good people. It does appear that Kaidon was in a situation he shouldn’t have been involved in, but it could have simply been just tagging along. I know I was in situations in college that got out of hand quickly because of people I was around that could have easily landed me in jail just for being there or having a person in my car do something stupid with which I had no part.

Maybe if the football players were not so smoked up they would play better.
or maybe cannabis would help the players relax after a long practice, heal up, and then play harder on Saturday. All I know for sure is that the way it is now, people get their lives ruined over it, and that is immoral and illogical.

or maybe cannabis would help the players relax after a long practice, heal up, and then play harder on Saturday. All I know for sure is that the way it is now, people get their lives ruined over it, and that is immoral and illogical.
I’m for legalization, but this idea that people can’t cope and follow rules is a slippery slope. Are you saying athletes (the majority of which are black) need to be intoxicated to cope with life?

I’m for legalization, but this idea that people can’t cope and follow rules is a slippery slope. Are you saying athletes (the majority of which are black) need to be intoxicated to cope with life?
Didn't say any of that. I was rebutting the argument that 'maybe' players are too 'smoked up' to be any good with the argument that 'maybe' weed aint actually the Devil's lettuce afterall.

I never said a thing about coping with life.

Do you question Mahomes now after what the Bucs did to him? Hard to play QB when you don't have time. Doesn't help they lost one of the best linemen, on a terrible line, 2 games prior. But sure lets question his talents based off 1 game plan executed to perfection.
I'm sorry, were there offensive line issues prior to Katy? I wasn't aware. I am not so concerned about the 'perfectly executed game-plan', as much as I am concerned with his handling of it. Its a simple game-plan, in theory. But, much more difficult to execute. This "perfectly executed game-plan" was implemented by a High School coach, and pulled off by high school kids. What do you think he'll face every week, in the SEC? The best Defensive coordinators in the NCAA, using the best players, in the NCAA.
Bottomline, they pressured him, under control. Did not allow him to escape the pocket and extend plays. Took away his favorite receivers/routes, and forced him to beat them by read progression and dump downs. HE COULD DO NEITHER. He ate the ball, coughed it up, and threw 3 interceptions. I hope this was a learning moment for him. This is what he will see every Saturday, from now until he moves on.
Put on some weight, and learn to throw it away, sometimes. Hopefully our offensive coordinator will be able to get him into sets and situations where he can excel. That is, if he is allowed to return to the team.

Unless the supplier fronted the supply, dude should have his money already. He’s probably just hoping, for the dude who got jumped, to not rat him out and it seems like that guy’s not talking. What I heard was the dealer was charging normal students cheaper prices and when the football players would buy, they would up charge them. From the rumors it doesn’t sound like it was just a random occurrence. They wanted retribution for being screwed over. Not saying it’s excusable, but it’s better than just rolling up on a random dealer and taking his ish for themselves.

Now..... do you know how to fix this and avoid these situations completely? Legalize it and regulate it. Prohibition doesn’t work and only leads to more crime.
How is it known that the assault victim was a drug dealer? I haven’t seen this in any police reports or media reports.

Victim was robbed by 5 guys who were subsequently charged with simple possession. 5x the simple possession amount doesn’t seem like the basis for a very successful business...but I don’t understand the drug business.

The known facts seem equally consistent with 6 friends/acquaintances arguing over a small amount of weed. Are people assuming the worst or is there more legitimate information available?

How is it known that the assault victim was a drug dealer? I haven’t seen this in any police reports or media reports.

Victim was robbed by 5 guys who were subsequently charged with simple possession. 5x the simple possession amount doesn’t seem like the basis for a very successful business...but I don’t understand the drug business.

The known facts seem equally consistent with 6 friends/acquaintances arguing over a small amount of weed. Are people assuming the worst or is there more legitimate information available?
Because so many have filled in the blanks... I suspect we know less about what actually happened now than we did just after it happened.

We should probably drop it and wait until UT makes a decision.

I've been high on Salter ;) since UT first started recruiting him. However UT has good QB's and depth. I really hate that two guys who could help at LB are caught up in this.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back