Kaidon Salter putting in the work!

You are really over thinking this whole situation. If the kid has what it takes, and ends up being a great football player who cares what he does in his spare time. Choir boys rarely make good football players, it’s time for some of you guys to realize this.

Bro, we are talking about potentially the leader of the football team.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
Those saying bust, pre madonna, clown, clueless, selfish etc.
I just wanted to share proof of him actually putting in work as the post alludes to. Putting on some size as you can see. Have a good one vol nation. Good luck in the CWS.
K-town King is that you?...Found you another qb to post on your wall or ceiling or whatever your into huh?....Glad to see you didn't run away mad....Oh wait you did...Anyways, Nice to see you again

Can't blame him. Local businesses are knocking down the door to sign home invaders who have never even completed a practice before. He'd be crazy not to take advantage of that.

Its smart, he has established a position where he stated his likeness is for sale,..
Its actually smart because now if its used, he has stated that he expects compensation for such.. You will prob see ALL D1 Players make this statement for that very reason.

Its smart, he has established a position where he stated his likeness is for sale,..
Its actually smart because now if its used, he has stated that he expects compensation for such.. You will prob see ALL D1 Players make this statement for that very reason.
I wonder if D1 athletes will have to be compensated when their mugshots are released to the public?

FWIW, almost all college student athletes are posted that same picture on their social media.

It's not that any player posted it so much as it is that HE posted it. Pretty much all he has been notable for here so far is getting arrested, suspended and live streaming himself vaping at 4 in the morning on social media.

I don't know. Part of me hates his self promotion approach...but part of me loves his self confidence and cockiness. We need a lot of cocky to beat the likes of Fla...GA and Bama. Just saying.

You honestly don't see how this was a clueless move? You think working out with the team a few times after finally being allowed to after coming back from suspension qualifies as redemptive putting in the work? Let me guess - you also think shoplifting up to $1000 with no consequence is ok like they do it in San Fran? As a fan of Salter's, you are not doing him any favors.
Pretty sure they’re more than “just a fan.”
GBO!!

I'm sure local self defense companies will be beating down his door for a cameo in a commercial.

This whole NIL thing is a colossal joke. Now cheating and buying players will be done in the open. The local car dealer/vol booster will get word to the prospect in high school that a fat check is waiting on him in Knoxville to do car commercials on social media. Where does it end? The NCAA better get off their ass and issue rules on this ASAP.
Better chance of putting toothpaste back in the tube. Gonna be hell trying to "unrecruit" some of these kids. Maybe getting a bunch of 2 and 3 star types with "something to prove" is actually a winning hand? Even if it's not I think I'd find a group like that easier to pull for. Still, we're getting worked up over nothing. UT is a baseball/basketball school now. :cool:

You are really over thinking this whole situation. If the kid has what it takes, and ends up being a great football player who cares what he does in his spare time. Choir boys rarely make good football players, it’s time for some of you guys to realize this.

I think that's BS, and the fact that Bama, Clemson, etc seem to have way less legal issues than we do proves it is BS.

You don't have to be mother Teresa to be a good football player, but you do need discipline. And discipline is going to keep you out of trouble whether you have character behind it or not.

For every good NFL player you could name who is a thug, I could probably name 10 who keep their nose clean no problem. It just isn't the case that bad character leads to good football teams.

Honestly, I think this could potentially kill NCAA. Here's why , Schools with big huge fanbase, generate more NIL type revenue.. The 10 top programs will produce the most revenue potential and recruits will shun smaller schools with smaller fanbases..

As much as you despise it, best thing Vol fans can do is be big time buyers of NIL type products yearly to be seen as a premier revenue potential location.

Good question. Another one might be do they have a CPA or have a TurboTax account? Because that’s where this is going. I guess we’ll find out in a few weeks.

I expect that universities will soon add a class to the business school to teach athletes how to manage the related marketing and tax filing activities. We might as well get out in front.

I expect that universities will soon add a class to the business school to teach athletes how to manage the related marketing and tax filing activities. We might as well get out in front.
That could be a minor to the Kinesiology degree.

Seriously, though, this will be a windfall for sports agents/lawyers.

VN Store

Back