Justine invited to USA Basketball trial

Ok, got home a little after 8, and for some reason it looked like we were playing Puerto Rico, (I know we already played them), so I watched the entire game. Then I was searching for the box score and saw we were playing Canada, so at 10:30 started watching that whole game. Watched the awards after, too. It’s almost 1 am, and I have spent over 4 and a half hours to watch (box score says almost 7 minutes, but I thought it was around 3), 3 new minutes of Justine play.

Must have been tough for her to be on the bench, but they won, they were happy, so that’s good. Maybe she can help bring a couple of these players to Tennessee.

Now, finally, it’s time for Justine to come get to know her new teammates on Rocky Top. Yes!

she made her first entry at 3:30 to go in the 1st half a a couple of minutes at the end.
This was the only game in which the team was challenged,,,never more than 10 points apart,,5 point win. The coach had to go with who they felt the most secure with.

I have had teams of all-stars before and even though they are all all-stars,,,as a coach you get a feeling and go with it.

this game was no reflection on Justine, as it was not a refelction of Del Rosario, who was also scoreless and only took one shot in 10 mins

game over, USA wins

next chapter

she made her first entry at 3:30 to go in the 1st half a a couple of minutes at the end.
This was the only game in which the team was challenged,,,never more than 10 points apart,,5 point win. The coach had to go with who they felt the most secure with.

I have had teams of all-stars before and even though they are all all-stars,,,as a coach you get a feeling and go with it.

this game was no reflection on Justine, as it was not a refelction of Del Rosario, who was also scoreless and only took one shot in 10 mins

game over, USA wins

next chapter
Londynn Jones made 2 free throws, with 1:36 left in the game, to put the USA up 12, 82-70.
Canada scored the last 7 points of the game to make the final score 82-77.

If we were involved fans we would have been upset as in the last 1.36: a flagrant foul followed by a steal and fouling a three point shooter. (smile)

I looked at the six game statistics and I wonder how the official scorer defines turnovers and shots missed as both were far more than counted for all teams. no big deal. Personally I enjoyed watching parts of many of the games on a quiet hot summer.

game over, USA wins

next chapter
Oops, made my post at 1:16 am, maybe I was getting sleepy, forgot her first half minutes, edited.
In the last 4-5 minutes of the game, USA was up 78-63, and later 80-65, leads of 15 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1reVOLver
If we were involved fans we would have been upset as in the last 1.36: a flagrant foul followed by a steal and fouling a three point shooter. (smile)

I looked at the six game statistics and I wonder how the official scorer defines turnovers and shots missed as both were far more than counted for all teams. no big deal. Personally I enjoyed watching parts of many of the games on a quiet hot summer.
Rewatched the last 5 minutes to be sure, don’t know who you’re talking about on a fouled 3 point shot. Justine attempted a 3 at 2’23 left in the game, and was not fouled, and was pulled from the game at 1:41. All us involved fans enjoyed getting to see our new player this summer, and also saw possibilities for new players. Can’t wait for the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
Volfaninfl2 - the US team commited the flagrant foul and also fouled the three point shooter while holding a 12 point lead needing only to run out the clock.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back