Justine invited to USA Basketball trial

did any of you have sympathy for Puerto Rico wearing the uniforms with the large T-Mobile stripe across their waist ? I hope they got a NIL of a cellphone and several years subscription. I've seen the Nike swoop on uniforms of all types but never anything as blatent at the T-Mobile stripe.

she lost three assists on unmade layups from good passes. Strength is the most important factor in rebounding as the smaller teams only hope is grabbing the arms and creating chaos. Not a criticism just the reality and the play is SEC style. The second string which is made up of the seven at times does not have the cohesive play of the starters and understood. Justine lost three assists on unmade layups from good passes, as did other players when a rebound was "knocked" lose and then put back. good games to watch during the quiet summer

She has a reputation as a sharpshooter but I have yet to see a game where that has been the case. I have only watched this tournament and some of the all-star games though so it is a limited sample size. Has anyone else seen her light it up, or have stats which show that? I kept thinking that maybe she is just having a bad game, but it is looking more and more like she may have been oversold as a scorer. Most of her shots have been pretty wide open in this tournament but she isn't knocking them down. And her high school shooting stats were OK, but not good enough to warrant the buzz so there might be an unfair level of expectations being put on her.

This was a really bad game for her today. I won't go into the details because there is always a lot of butthurt here when you analyze someone's game in less than glowing terms so it is not worth sharing that information, but suffice to say she was out of sync in every aspect of the game.

She has a reputation as a sharpshooter but I have yet to see a game where that has been the case. I have only watched this tournament and some of the all-star games though so it is a limited sample size. Has anyone else seen her light it up, or have stats which show that? I kept thinking that maybe she is just having a bad game, but it is looking more and more like she may have been oversold as a scorer. Most of her shots have been pretty wide open in this tournament but she isn't knocking them down. And her high school shooting stats were OK, but not good enough to warrant the buzz so there might be an unfair level of expectations being put on her.

This was a really bad game for her today. I won't go into the details because there is always a lot of butthurt here when you analyze someone's game in less than glowing terms so it is not worth sharing that information, but suffice to say she was out of sync in every aspect of the game.
Watching the games, most of her 3 point misses were because of late, low bad passes where she had to regather herself, but I’ll say she is an elite passer and has great chemistry with Del Rosario

Watching the games, most of her 3 point misses were because of late, low bad passes where she had to regather herself, but I’ll say she is an elite passer and has great chemistry with Del Rosario

Sounds like Del Rosario is a big target for us. Really hope she joins the Lady Vol family. I enjoy watching her, she doesn’t let the game speed her up. She’s patient and has nice hands and nice moves.

She has a reputation as a sharpshooter but I have yet to see a game where that has been the case. I have only watched this tournament and some of the all-star games though so it is a limited sample size. Has anyone else seen her light it up, or have stats which show that?.

Other than her FIBA and HS shooting numbers, the only others I've seen for Pissott were w/ the Philly Rise at last summer's Nike Nationals:

1655387868507.png
Philly Rise (PA) - 2021 17U Girls Circuit - Roster - #4 - Justine Pissott - W

Here's what Mike Flynn said about her after the 2021 Boo Williams Invitational: "Clutch. That’s the word to describe 6’3 2022 Tennessee commit Justine Pissott of Philly Rise Team Stewie. We watched as she hit a trifecta of trifectas in a short span to help lead Rise to a come from behind victory on Saturday. Pissott is one of the best shooters you’ll find at any position in the country, hands down."
Ballin' Back at Boo - Bluestar Media

While I don't believe she's proven herself yet to be a consistent sharpshooter from the field, I'm confident that Pissott will develop into a terrific, well-rounded player for us overall, especially as she adds more strength/bulk.

Last edited:

I think the unfair level of expectation may come from the fact she is a McDonalds, Jordan Brand, and WBCA All American. Her being the MVP of a prestigious Nike tourney and making the USA team won't help either 😂

I think expectations should be tempered for her because she will need to get a lot stronger and learn when and where to shoot from. I think they will also make sure she isn't always launching Steph Curry type threes either. When she has been close to the 3 point line she has nailed them.

Looking at her high school stats if she shoots 43% overall, 38% from 3, 50% from 2, and 82% from the line i think anyone of us would say that's a productive player.

I am NOT butthurt just to make that clear 😂because i think her game could/is going to grow tremendously and she will be more versatile than just a scorer.

Last edited:
Other than her FIBA and HS shooting numbers, the only others I've seen for Pissott were w/ the Philly Rise at last summer's Nike Nationals:

View attachment 464525
Philly Rise (PA) - 2021 17U Girls Circuit - Roster - #4 - Justine Pissott - W

Here's what Mike Flynn said about her after the 2021 Boo Williams Invitational: "Clutch. That’s the word to describe 6’3 2022 Tennessee commit Justine Pissott of Philly Rise Team Stewie. We watched as she hit a trifecta of trifectas in a short span to help lead Rise to a come from behind victory on Saturday. Pissott is one of the best shooters you’ll find at any position in the country, hands down."
Ballin' Back at Boo - Bluestar Media

While I don't believe she's proven herself to be a consistent sharpshooter at this point, I'm confident that Pissott will develop into a terrific, well-rounded player for us overall, especially as she adds more strength/bulk.
Those high school numbers are interesting. Justine took more 3pt shots, a lot more, than she did 2 pt shots in her high school career.

Coach Kellie brought her here to shoot the ball, and shoot she will...Some games she will look great, others, not so great...Such is life.
FJ-6CbRXoAAOB9Y

i'm not concerned about what she does or doesn't do on a quickly formed and quickly dispersed all star team. Give her time to fall into a role on a real team before any judgement or conclusions. By open of conference play this coming season we'll probably have a pretty good read on her skills, strengths, and weaknesses.

i'm not concerned about what she does or doesn't do on a quickly formed and quickly dispersed all star team. Give her time to fall into a role on a real team before any judgement or conclusions. By open of conference play this coming season we'll probably have a pretty good read on her skills, strengths, and weaknesses.

I think she will flourish in a team setting, but hitting an open shot is hitting an open shot. And she is not being asked to do anything that is out of her wheelhouse in these games.

Nobody is coming to any conclusions, but we are gathering data and asking about what others have seen or think. She could be an average shooter and still be a great help once all aspects are considered. But we shouldn't pile expectations on her to do things she hasn't shown she can do, and I am afraid that has been happening to some extent.

It will be good for her that the roster is highly experienced and she will be able to come along at her own pace.

I think she will flourish in a team setting, but hitting an open shot is hitting an open shot. And she is not being asked to do anything that is out of her wheelhouse in these games.

Could be a shooting slump. Could be she isn't comfortable playing the international game. Could be she's homesick in S. America. Could be she doesn't like the food, or isn't sleeping. Could be she isn't the shooter that some say she is. Could be any one of or none of a lot of things. We're just not gonna know for a while.

Could be a shooting slump. Could be she isn't comfortable playing the international game. Could be she's homesick in S. America. Could be she doesn't like the food, or isn't sleeping. Could be she isn't the shooter that some say she is. Could be any one of or none of a lot of things. We're just not gonna know for a while.
could be
;o)

VN Store

Back