Justice League

It's kinda funny. On the surface they want to pretend they aren't coping Marvel Studios but behind closed doors they are trying to copy.

I like Geoff Johns the pre-New 52 writer. He is stretching himself very thin between Comics, TV, and Film. His comics work suffered when he took on the extra responsibility.

I'm just glad they quickly realized Snyder isn't the guy.

ALEX ROSS-Inspired JUSTICE LEAGUE ‘More Inclusive, Brighter’ Than BvS

ALEX ROSS-Inspired JUSTICE LEAGUE ‘More Inclusive, Brighter’ Than BvS

According to Zack and Deborah Snyder, they're taking lessons learned from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice to heart, and working towards a "brighter, more inclusive" vision of DC's superheroes for their currently in production Justice League - including updgraded tech, and costumes inspired by Alex Ross.

"I think the main thing we learned is that people don't like to see their heroes deconstructed," Deborah Snyder told reporters (via ComicBookResources) during a junket at Justice League’s London set. "I think that’s hard, because it’s people we've grown up with and we care about. They like seeing them in all their glory…Justice League is much more inclusive [than Batman v Superman]. It's all about the characters, too. We have these two very young characters, Flash and Cyborg. And you know, they're definitely lighter. I think they're going to appeal to a younger audience."

The Snyders also acknowledged the hard road they put Superman through from Man of Steel to Batman v Superman, saying when he returns, fans will see the Superman fans recognize from comic books.

"I wanted to get to a Superman that had a reason to be Superman, a reason to feel the way he felt about humanity, that we all understand from the comic books," Zack Snyder explained. "As far as a moral compass goes, he's pretty much the thing. But I feel like he had to go through something to be that."

"This is a movie about coming together," Deborah Snyder continued. "It's a movie about building them up. So this is really an arc that we started. We have to go somewhere. You have to start from somewhere to really get to that point. But I think we're gonna see all the heroes in a way that people know them from the comic books."

Zack Snyder also screened a brief glimpse at one scene from the film, in which Batman and Flash meet for the first time - apparently different from their brief meeting in Batman v Superman. The scene was reportedly genuinely warm and funny - a contrast to the dark, edgy world of Batman v Superman.

"When I saw the scene, I was like, 'Oh, God, this is fun,'" Zack Snyder explaied. "This is an interesting way of understanding how the movies have gone in a progression. By no means is this the whole movie. There are parts of the movie, of course, where they're facing enemies and they have to get their stuff together. Look at the Batmobile, for God's sake. You know, they're going to be drawn into conflict. I'm a fan of Magnificent Seven and team-making movies. So it's fun for me to finally get to this point now in the progression of these three movies where we are building a team and making the Justice League."

The aforementioned Batmobile was shown to reporters at the junket, showcasing the differences between Justice League's version and the militarized version seen in BvS. Check it out right here:

JLBatmobile.jpg

Batmobile from 'Justice League'
CREDIT: Warner Bros.

In addition to the Batmobile, Justice League will feature a host of new bat-gadgets. The League will reportedly travel in the "Flying Fox," a large airship which can even house the Batmobile, and will have a "Nightcrawler," a multi-legged vehicle for traveling quickly through tight spaces. Batman will also reportedly have several new suits, including a new version of his armor, and a more standard superhero outfit.

Speaking of superhero outfits, the surprise inspiration for the look of Justice League is Alex Ross.

"I was always a fan of Alex Ross. think that... there's something so simple, iconic and beautiful about the way he does it,” Justice League costume designer Michael Wilkinson explained (via CBR). "[I'm] a bit of a comic book fan so I do ... I do absorb a lot of that sort of thing, researching comic books is a big part of my homework when I'm prepping these costumes. Then at a certain point as I said, I tried to turn the boat around, and try to think what's right for Zack, what's the best. I'm always honoring the legacy,"

Justice League is scheduled to hit theaters November 17, 2017.

Comic-Con sneak peak...

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE[/YouTube]

Soooo.... Its obvious they are trying to lighten the tone from BvS.... but Barry Allen... Ugh. The Flash costume?... Sigh... I'm not even sure what they are trying to do with that character.

I mean really?!? Who thought this was cool?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 4
I was underwhelmed by the comic con trailer.

Well they have only been filming for a couple of months so they probably justy rushed cutting some footage to make a semi-coherent trailer for Comic-Con. Some of it may not even make the final film.

Compare the JL trailer to that of Wonder Woman where they wrapped filming on it back in early May.

I think it looks pretty good actually. Seems like they're trying to make the Flash kind of like Marvel's Peter Parker.

New tactical Bat suit...

Holy crap this looks awesome

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-14-16-26-52-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-14-16-26-52-1.png
    616.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 person
Zach Snyder tweeted out a pic of JK Simmons as Commissioner Gordon.

I hope his portrayal is good I have bad thoughts of Jim Gordon acting like J. Jonah Jameson.

Attachments

• CslBJCJW8AA4TM5.jpg
    CslBJCJW8AA4TM5.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
Justice League - Behind the Scenes
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PUAq8NahII[/youtube]

UNITE THE LEAGUE - Aquaman

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6O009NoWDQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
UNITE THE LEAGUE - Batman
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZKPzEnZ-4[/youtube]

UNITE THE LEAGUE - The Flash