Just watched most of the Notre Dame game against Loyola Maryland.

I was not impressed. I think we're the better team at this point in the season and yes, I know I'm biased, but I still like our chances next Monday in South Bend. :)
Yes I agree, ND had no 0, 20, or 25 like Tennessee dose. I believe we will win by 10, if we get them in foul trouble it will be 15. As always go lady Vols.

I wasn’t overly impressed either. I think it will be a low scoring, close game between us and them. They don’t have much team speed or size. I think they’ll also be a much better team in March but they are definitely figuring things out right now just like us. 19 turnovers and most were unforced, lots of bad, quick shots. Their defense took some big breaks in the second half.

I’ll give us a 5 point edge 62-57.

Notre dame does not have a go to player. Caitlin Gilbert will most likely be our biggest problem but overall I do believe we can come out on top by 10 if we make lay ups . Horston is a star I expect her to come to play Monday night.

No argument here. ND (Ranked#16 before the recent injuries) has been ravaged by graduations, transfers and injuries. They have no bench, very little experience and no height to speak of. I will be very disappointed if we don't win this game.

No doubt the Massey prediction of them winning by 22 is a joke don't know what happened to that site to make that prediction. We are a young team playing in a hostile arena so we'll see how we react. I agree we have the better team hopefully we'll play like it Monday night.

No doubt the Massey prediction of them winning by 22 is a joke don't know what happened to that site to make that prediction. We are a young team playing in a hostile arena so we'll see how we react. I agree we have the better team hopefully we'll play like it Monday night.
Massey's ratings are based on the results of games played. They become much more accurate as the season progresses.
I believe part of last year's results seep into the predictions this early in the season. They also don't take injuries into consideration.
From where I'm sitting, the only reason we shouldn't be favored in this game is that we're playing in South Bend. And I still think we should be the favorites to win.

I think this game could go either way. What Coach does with the distinct height advantage is the key to the game. I would like to see Kamara get more minutes against better competition. I liked how she "demanded" the ball in the paint in the last game. I also liked how her teammates responded and gave her the ball.

A lot to worry about on the road how are the Refs gonna call it are they gonna put them on the line like they did ETSU or will they let the players play. I believe if we lose it will be because Notre Dame got to the free throw line 25 to 30 times. I'm seeing a lot more contact allowed in the men's game without fouls being called. The women's game is becoming a foul fest.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
A lot to worry about on the road how are the Refs gonna call it are they gonna put them on the line like they did ETSU or will they let the players play. I believe if we lose it will be because Notre Dame got to the free throw line 25 to 30 times. I'm seeing a lot more contact allowed in the men's game without fouls being called. The women's game is becoming a foul fest.

I’m curious too. ND got to the line a lot the other night. They don’t have the slashing speed of ETSU so I’m hopeful our defense will be able to keep them in front better. Post players are going to have to keep their feet on the floor or we will be in trouble. They don’t have the height to contend with us in the paint. We hardly got to the line in the last game, not sure if that’s just the way it was officiated or if we really weren’t attacking the basket. Seems like we’ve got a much better mid-range game this season so there are a lot more pull-ups before the contact.

I suspect there will be some home cooking.

I’m curious too. ND got to the line a lot the other night. They don’t have the slashing speed of ETSU so I’m hopeful our defense will be able to keep them in front better. Post players are going to have to keep their feet on the floor or we will be in trouble. They don’t have the height to contend with us in the paint. We hardly got to the line in the last game, not sure if that’s just the way it was officiated or if we really weren’t attacking the basket. Seems like we’ve got a much better mid-range game this season so there are a lot more pull-ups before the contact.

I suspect there will be some home cooking.
Hopefully we'll have a game plan to limit it some know that they are gonna call fouls even for hand touches. If they get to the line 25 to 30 times they win JMO. One of my biggest concerns with the team thus far is were not getting to the line much as we should.

Seems like any team we play right now would include getting us in foul trouble in their game plan. We aren't likely to draw fouls and get to the line ourselves, based on the games played so far, and worse, we aren't likely to adapt to how the refs are calling the game. Our game plan shouldn't count heavily on getting to the foul line and winning that way. We've just gotta out-shoot, out-rebound, out-run and out-defend them, that's all :cool:

I was not impressed. I think we're the better team at this point in the season and yes, I know I'm biased, but I still like our chances next Monday in South Bend. :)
Not that impressed either but expect the seven on five Monday night because them getting to the line a lot more than us is the only way I see them winning.

Muffett will have them ready. I hope we can effectively exploit our size advantage. I’m also hoping our guards are ready to hit shots because they’re gonna pack it in.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back