Just walked by some football players on campus

vols14

They were obviously upset about the situation. They were wondering if JJ was really involved or if he knew that the whole thing was going to happen. If nothing else, this is going to be a huge distraction from the big game we have this weekend

Yup, this is where your captains and senior leadership really comes into play

I'd say it doesn't matter whether or not JJ knew about it or not. Being an accessory to attempted armed robbery will get you some jailtime no matter what.

This is where we really find out how well this staff can coach. This is where the rubber meets the road. Kiff and Co has a tough row to hoe on this one. Here's to hoping they can get the team to stay focused.

Accessory to armed robbery is a Class "E" Felony. If you are a Range I offender no less than 1, no more than 3 years in prison.

Armed Robbery is Class C. 3-6

Not to mention they will be charged with Conspiracy to commit as well.

It does not matter what the felony case is or is not....What matters is what kind of lawyer he gets and what kind of deal he can make. They are players and it will help in some degree but they will get something. It also depends on how the Judge is feeling that day and if he wants to make an example out of them or not. Nobody really knows until the punishment is handed down.
It also matters if they have been arrested before..If this is the first time and the defendents decide they dont want to press charges since nothing really happened or they cop a deal for some kind of money...Nuke and Edwards are gone for sure. Jackson might make it but he will have to earn it and it will be a long road for him as well.

If he is guilty by association and gets a good lawyer he might just serve probation and community service. That is really what I am hoping for. But I think Kiffin should kick Jackson off the team for the remainder of the year and allow him to come back with the incoming freshmen next year and start all over and earn a positon on the field again.

Accessory to armed robbery is a Class "E" Felony. If you are a Range I offender no less than 1, no more than 3 years in prison.

Do you actually think these players are going to be charged?

This is where we really find out how well this staff can coach. This is where the rubber meets the road. Kiff and Co has a tough row to hoe on this one. Here's to hoping they can get the team to stay focused.

My feelings as well...

I dont care if they are charged or not, they all three need to be kicked off the team ASAP. kiffin has to lay down the law on this one, its a good opportunity for him actually. this kind of behavior HAS to stop around here, its embarrassing to everyone involved with UT.

My guess is that JJ will frame his involvement as one of trying to stop the crime and the facts my ultimately support such a claim. He was stupid for leaving with them, he was stupid for being with them, but I imagine he will testify against them and get off with diversion or probation.

They were obviously upset about the situation. They were wondering if JJ was really involved or if he knew that the whole thing was going to happen. If nothing else, this is going to be a huge distraction from the big game we have this weekend

How could you tell all that after just walking by the players?

Sucks that we will be losing some great young talent but I agree that this is the time for Kiffin to show that this program is turning a new corner both on and off the field.

...Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2009 Volnation Felon of the Year!

But seriously, good info.

What senior leadership?

The team has proven it can bounce back from tough losses, physical games, kids getting kicked off the team several times this year. That doesn't happen without leadership from players. Just because three idiots did something stupid doesn't mean the other 80 kids on the team are idiots as well or don't respond to their captains and coaches.

I'd say it doesn't matter whether or not JJ knew about it or not. Being an accessory to attempted armed robbery will get you some jailtime no matter what.
not really, only a conviction gets you jail time. Most likely, if his previous record is clean, it will be plead to a lesser charge with no mandatory jail time...
yr probation, weekly then monthly drug screenings, couseling classes (my guess) all assuming J.J. and N.R. agree he wasn't involved

Let's just all calm down the sky is not falling, get a paper bag, breath into it this will all blow bye. Let's get a grip there are a lot of false facts being thrown around it will all be figured out trust me.:)

there needs to be a presser B4 college football live at 3:30 today. he needs to be firm and to the point and kick this trash off the team. we have the best recruiters in the country- we can replace them. if we leave them on the team they will be a cancer for the team. public intox- sure hell i have 2 public intox charges in knoxville wile i was in school haha-armed robbery-cya

Let's just all calm down the sky is not falling, get a paper bag, breath into it this will all blow bye. Let's get a grip there are a lot of false facts being thrown around it will all be figured out trust me.:)

never heard of a "false fact" a fact is not a fact if it is in fact false... but haha i get what your saying...

I would say there are a lot of "true facts" being thrown around too and there is absolutely no question nuke and edwards are gone for good.

In terms of the team they'll be fine we have FOUR 4* WR's committed to take nukes one spot and obviously safety becomes a priority with Berry's inevitable departure...

Everyone take a chill pill PLEASE it'll all be ok

Jackson was not involved. Richardson and Gordon was the two that were the lead men Jackson walked out and they were doing it. Jackson will get suspended and will get a years probation. Richardson will get time in jail and Gordan as well. Iv heard around campus the girl is nothing but trouble, and "loves" to hang out with Football players

Jackson was not involved. Richardson and Gordon was the two that were the lead men Jackson walked out and they were doing it. Jackson will get suspended and will get a years probation. Richardson will get time in jail and Gordan as well. Iv heard around campus the girl is nothing but trouble, and "loves" to hang out with Football players

Gordon? your retarded it was edwards and his mug shot is up on gvx... your opinion officially doesnt matter

They have already been charged. That's what happens when they arrest you.

Not exactly. The police cannot charge you with anything. The arrest you, present the facts to the DA and they charge you.

Many times you hear about someone who was arrested, but the DA decided not to pursue charges. Unlikely in this situation except hopefully JJ.

VN Store

Back