Just Saw Replay on last play in Regulation...

Refs are part of the game. When teams are closely matched, it doesn't require much to swing the game. I don't know the solution. Either accept that refs are human with flaws and biases or just find something else to enjoy.

The announcer said the inbounds was deflected. I didn't see it, but that would explain the clock starting.
Inbounds play from halfcourt was tipped. It doesn't explain the clock starting early on the inbounds pass to Williams before he advanced the ball to Bowden, though. That cost us at least .2 seconds.

Just an awful lot of officiating malpractice to point to. Some of it was benign, some of it was crucial. These types of losses are excruciating, especially when they end careers for some kids.

Of course the refs knew we wanted a time out. He did that on purpose and then was a jerk about reviewing it. If you play solid ball it shouldn't come down to a few calls, however, I have no doubt the refs were favoring Purdue down the stretch. But that's what you get when you allow yourself to be in those situations in the first place. The game plan the whole second half should have been to deny Edwards and Cline the ball beyond the three line. Who cares if they drive past you because you're playing right up on their grill. A two point jumpshot or layup is better than three every time. We cannot defend a three point shot. Just can't do it.

I hate when refs put theirselves in a position to determine the outcome and that's exactly what happened last night, yeah yeah we could have played better. That doesn't excuse horrendous calls down the stretch and all being one sided. GBO!

Former B1G official called the ANML today, and said that crew should be suspended, the last call shouldn’t have been made, and badly missed basket interference on Schofield. Said touch fouls shouldn’t be called at the end of the game. Also said he had lunch with the LSU game ref about 5 years ago, and it was known he was an LSU fan.

VN Store

Back