Just Saw Replay on last play in Regulation...

Edwards definitely had a foot out of bounds before he went up for the shot. They review so many plays too bad that one wasn't looked at by the zebras!

He also completely and totally pushed off to get open - right in front of the refs. Watch it again - huge push - but / it was a great game by both teams and we lost it in the first half - one assist and awful free throw shooting. One assist - wt heck was going on.

I was surprised they didn't look at it again, but without a better camera angle, it wasn't getting changed anyway. Judging depth on an angle like the one we had can be tricky.

Edwards definitely had a foot out of bounds before he went up for the shot. They review so many plays too bad that one wasn't looked at by the zebras!
1553829600010.png

His foot was on line and he lifted it before he caught the ball. Above is answer to everyone saying that Turner agreed with the foul call. It wasn't touched on out of bounds. He took over 5 to throw the ball in, we had more than 0.1 at the timeout and buzzer going off same time as ball left our hands on the inbound didn't help. All in all, Purdue got every single question at the end of the game. We got none. Like someone quoted Pat, you have to beat the refs too.

My take, for what it's worth:

1. Why do we wait to get 18 points down to start playing the defense we knew we needed to play all along?
2. Why are we shooting impossible shots when all year long we've learned we win by going inside? We could have had that giraffe fouled out in the first half if we had taken the ball inside.
3. Why do we turn the ball over so many times in huge games?
4. Why in the scheiss did we let that ugly little guy hitting three pointers with his eyes closed stay in the game so long? He had four fouls forever. He's the one who ultimately killed us.

All that being said, this team has been my favorite overall BB team for UT in history. Congrats guys. We all gotta love Schofield and Alexander and walk-ons. You guys are the greatest VFL's.

I agree with Lamonte. Game was handed to Purdue. Even worse than game handed to LSU!

You don’t call those non-clear fouls to change a winner - loser you just don’t do that.

Game is not decided on a judgement call! Was it enough contact to warrant foul? Questionable, did he kick legs out, questionable. Was the shot impacted no.

90 times out of 100 that is not called! 100 times out of 100 it should not be whistled to determine winner-loser. Especially not by a ref who “earned” the right to call a sweet 16 game!

I like how the clock started before we touched the ball on the next to last inbound play. Smooth work, but dont bother reviewing that.

yes - the horn actually went off before we touched it on the last play and the clock started before we touched it on the next to last play. Clock operator must be getting kickbacks from the advertisers or the network for taking it to overtime. Reminded me of that one commercial at Buff Wild Winds where they can influence the game down the stretch.

yes - the horn actually went off before we touched it on the last play and the clock started before we touched it on the next to last play. Clock operator must be getting kickbacks from the advertisers.

Actually I was shocked they didn’t let them replay it! I thought I must have been only guy to notice! Red lights and horn came on while pass was in the air! And the really owed us like .9 seconds. What was the crap explanation about hand in the air - it was a freaking replay! When ball hit out on their posession it was 2.4 they put 2.7 back on!

Of course a dozen other plays could have broke our way as well so... just one of those games!

Reactions: OneVolNation
Actually I was shocked they didn’t let them replay it! I thought I must have been only guy to notice! Red lights and horn came on while pass was in the air! And the really owed us like .9 seconds. What was the crap explanation about hand in the air - it was a freaking replay! When ball hit out on their posession it was 2.4 they put 2.7 back on!

Of course a dozen other plays could have broke our way as well so... just one of those games!

It’s not when the player calls TO. It’s when ref’s hand goes up to award it. The problem is that none of the refs were looking at the player with the ball, which seems like an odd time to take your eye off the ball...

yes - the horn actually went off before we touched it on the last play and the clock started before we touched it on the next to last play. Clock operator must be getting kickbacks from the advertisers or the network for taking it to overtime. Reminded me of that one commercial at Buff Wild Winds where they can influence the game down the stretch.
The announcer said the inbounds was deflected. I didn't see it, but that would explain the clock starting.

Reactions: T-TownVol
The announcer said the inbounds was deflected. I didn't see it, but that would explain the clock starting.

It was deflected. Is that what everyone is upset about saying the clock started early? Or did it start early on the inbounds to Grant before he passed to Bowden? I didn’t look back at that.

If he just lets the guy shoot it Tennessee probably wins.....I mean the guy isn’t a 51+ 3 point shooter. Then if you even risk fouling he’s and 85% foul shooter.

But the loss is certainly is NOT on Turner as he had a heck of a game.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
It was deflected. Is that what everyone is upset about saying the clock started early? Or did it start early on the inbounds to Grant before he passed to Bowden? I didn’t look back at that.
That's the one they were talking about. The one to Grant definitely started a fraction early. Should have been somewhere between .4 and .8 on that last shot.

Barnes should have given the refs a heads up that he was going to call a timeout. Refs are looking at the play not the coach.

Good point and this raises an interesting question in my mind.

Let’s say they did warn the ref so he’d be expecting it. And as a result, he jumps the gun and begins to signal the TO about a half second early. When they went to review it, would we have been awarded that extra time? If the official signal overrules the action on the court, then it would seem to me that we should’ve. With all that said... I’m guessing, in that situation, the clock would’ve been adjusted to when the timeout was called.

I realize this is pointless and I’m thinking too much into it but I really only bring it up cause I feel like that example really highlights how asinine their ruling and explanation was. Because, like I said, I can almost guarantee it wouldn’t have worked like that the other way around.

The simple fact is we got screwed out of our 2 point lead and then got screwed out of a legit opportunity to gain it back in regulation less than 2 seconds later.

I wouldnt assume that neither Barnes nor a player on the floor didnt mention it before the play.

VN Store

Back