Just Read A Disturbing Article....

I think that would be great for him.Go up ther and get hurt,ther is a reason the NFL makes a player wait 3yrs. Don't let this guy any where near UT campus.I see Reggie Bush mess all over agine with this scum.

the CFL has a salary cap that wouldn't allow him to play.

his mentor wants more money than they pay an entire CFL team.

i think he is an idiot if he goes. he could go somewhere and get a free college education and improve his game. 5 million sounds like a big number, but he could probably make quite a bit more if he ever got to the nfl. i would not advise my kid to do that. i don't know much about the cfl, but wouldn't he be coached better by a good college staff?

I think that would be great for him.Go up ther and get hurt,ther is a reason the NFL makes a player wait 3yrs. Don't let this guy any where near UT campus.I see Reggie Bush mess all over agine with this scum.

With all due respect, Gotta disagree with ya bro. I think he would definately be a welcome addition. Assuming we have a chance.

Right Now I think we do. The article stunned me at first, then I got to looking and each teams salary cap doesn't even support what the article states.

Dunno, but it looks to be bogus to me.

It would be a dumb move on his part. He could red-shirt play 2 years enter the draft and make more on a signing bonus than what they would pay him in 5 years. That is if he's the real deal.

I grew up in Canada Watching the CFL. Being a 3 down game, it's a passing league, this guy isn't going to be worth crap. The backs there don't do much and get paid for what like it, unless you bring someone in for ratings (AKA Ricky Williams). I don't know if I want him to be a Vol, but for the sake of his career, this is a TERRIBLE move if he goes through with it

a CFL team has 4.5 Million salary cap. It's not financially advantageous to choose that path. Heck, a football scholarship providing Tuition+stipend probably worth more than a CFL rookie's paycheck. The exposure to media, the coaching, and the overall preparation for the NFL draft in CFL are not comparable to a top college.

I have a feeling that NCAA will take a hard look at these "mentor" cases, and this loophole would be covered soon.

After reading the NYTimes article yesterday, this guy isn't someone I'd want. His own HS coach couldn't stand him or his attitude! What makes anyone think that anything would change once he got to UT?

After reading the NYTimes article yesterday, this guy isn't someone I'd want. His own HS coach couldn't stand him or his attitude! What makes anyone think that anything would change once he got to UT?

The only argument I have about that is that College is not the same as highschool. Now given, if he was a trouble maker, then you might worry a bit. But there is nothing wrong with some attitude in a player. I think this coaching staff would discipline a freshman's attitude in a heartbeat.

Not worried a bit about attitude, put the dude in pads and lets knock some f'ng heads. GO VOLS!!!!!

VN Store

Back