Just pay the Baylor coach whatever it takes

Actually, I shouldn’t say more than that. It’s water under the bridge now anyway.

Last edited:
Tennessee needs to spend some cash and hire Baylor assistant coach-recruiting coordinator Styia Messer. She would be one hell of a great addition to Coach Harper's coaching staff.

Kim gets her third Corvette for winning her third title at Baylor.

Jessica Morrey (@JessicaMorrey) Tweeted:
Kim Mulkey got herself a brand new whip! Allen Samuels presented the championship head coach with a 2019 yellow Corvette today to drive for a year! #Baylor @BaylorWBB @KCENNews Jessica Morrey on Twitter

She has donated the use of the last two to staff members.

Kim gets her third Corvette for winning her third title at Baylor.

Jessica Morrey (@JessicaMorrey) Tweeted:
Kim Mulkey got herself a brand new whip! Allen Samuels presented the championship head coach with a 2019 yellow Corvette today to drive for a year! #Baylor @BaylorWBB @KCENNews Jessica Morrey on Twitter

She has donated the use of the last two to staff members.
Tennessee needs to spend some cash and hire Baylor assistant coach-recruiting coordinator Styia Messer. She would be one hell of a great addition to Coach Harper's coaching staff.
Some of y'all folks may remember her as an assistant at Memphis or as HC at Tennessee Tech.

Sytia Messer - Wikipedia

She has done an outstanding job at Baylor and I would hate to see her leave.

I have a hard time believing that a coach that just won the national championship would want to jump ship to another program. Not saying it's not true, just very hard to believe.
Is it just possible that Kim was sick of recruiting at Baylor with all of its issues? Perhaps players wanted to be themselves but had to "pretend" to be what they were not? At Tennessee no such hurdles exist. Also, she truly loved Pat and just maybe she wanted to be that coach to restore the Lady Vol magic. I would think it is quite difficult to recruit players to Baylor; the fact that she has had such success there is a tribute to Kim. I know some really great players who refused to play the "Baylor game" and went elsewhere. I truly believe that had Kim been selected by Phil and had she accepted, it would not take Kim three years to get to a final four. I am eager to see how long it takes Kellie to get to a final four. I hope it is sooner rather than later! But alas how I would have loved to see Kim as the coach.

Is it just possible that Kim was sick of recruiting at Baylor with all of its issues? Perhaps players wanted to be themselves but had to "pretend" to be what they were not? At Tennessee no such hurdles exist. Also, she truly loved Pat and just maybe she wanted to be that coach to restore the Lady Vol magic. I would think it is quite difficult to recruit players to Baylor; the fact that she has had such success there is a tribute to Kim. I know some really great players who refused to play the "Baylor game" and went elsewhere. I truly believe that had Kim been selected by Phil and had she accepted, it would not take Kim three years to get to a final four. I am eager to see how long it takes Kellie to get to a final four. I hope it is sooner rather than later! But alas how I would have loved to see Kim as the coach.
Ummm 🤔??? No!

VN Store

Back