Just not that impressed with good high school football teams anymore

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
You have tons of teams in Nashville not even winning a game, you have some teams that are consistently good Maryville Alcoa Oakland etc. and they basically recruit players to their program some form or fashion. I don't blame a kid wanting to play for the winning team just its not so much coaching as much as recruiting nowadays, lets call it what it really is. All the good, probably Memphis are too do it I would think. It just leaves a ton of teams struggling out in the dark barely able to break 500 season. I don't even want to get into the [private schools.

Reactions: savannahfan
Here in Illinois it’s almost always the Catholic schools that consistently win. They can recruit players and the only equalizer is they get bumped up a class or two in the playoff seedlings. Illinois has 8 playoff classes in football based on enrollment. So a Catholic school that might be 5A based on enrollment will be 7A in the playoffs.
They still end up winning a disproportionate number of championships.

I thought the TSSAA was messed up till I moved to Missouri. Private schools here run the show. out of 6 classes 3 were won by private schools. there is no multiplier or anything. it kills the lower classifications. the private school in 2a won the state championship by 49-0 over the public school. you could hear some rumblings this year of how privates need to be in their own divisions, but whether or not that really happens

You have tons of teams in Nashville not even winning a game, you have some teams that are consistently good Maryville Alcoa Oakland etc. and they basically recruit players to their program some form or fashion. I don't blame a kid wanting to play for the winning team just its not so much coaching as much as recruiting nowadays, lets call it what it really is. All the good, probably Memphis are too do it I would think. It just leaves a ton of teams struggling out in the dark barely able to break 500 season. I don't even want to get into the [private schools.

Maryville doesn't recruit players...

Reactions: Pappy

VN Store

Back