Just Got Back: Who's our starting QB ?

Mr. Rockytop

Who's our starting QB ? What did he look like in the Spring ? Who is our #2 backup, and what does he look like ? What happened with the Bryce Brown ordeal ? Who is our starting runningbacks ? How did we look overall in The Spring Game ?

B B entered the witness protection program and has not been seen in months. Simms with start out as the starter. He did not play well in the spring game. We do not look every good according the the Spring Game.

1.) Matt Simms
2.) Looked awful at the O&W Game
3.) Tyler Bray, looked better than Simms but that isn't saying much.
4.) Most believe he is gone, but nothing definitive.
5.) Tauren Poole and David Oku
6.) The Spring left me scared, we are no where near where we want to be.

Who's our starting QB ? What did he look like in the Spring ? Who is our #2 backup, and what does he look like ? What happened with the Bryce Brown ordeal ? Who is our starting runningbacks ? How did we look overall in The Spring Game ?

1)Simms with Bray backup -Simms looked terrible in pre-season 2)Bray-strong arm, needs to gain weight which he has and needs experience. 3)B.Brown ordeal still in the works. He is still in school contempting transferring to K-State with his brother Arthur 4)Poole and Oku 5)Decent but lots of INT's, mistakes and we need alot of coaching and experience.

Rod Wilks will start @ QB and RB. Its an unstoppable combination.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It may better to just stay in dark on this, but I would agree with some of the others thoughts on this.

1. Simms at first with Bray later in the season.
2. Bray
3. Who knows? Who cares anymore?
4. Poole and OKU or Poole and Williams.
5. Not too great.

On the bright side, we should have a good kicking game. Our punter should get lots of playing time.:pepper:

1.) Matt Simms
2.) Looked awful at the O&W Game
3.) Tyler Bray, looked better than Simms but that isn't saying much.
4.) Most believe he is gone, but nothing definitive.
5.) Tauren Poole and David Oku
6.) The Spring left me scared, we are no where near where we want to be.

yea. That pretty much sums it up.

The better question is where were you?

B. Brown had to leave for making passes at some of the guys in the shower, Lamaison beat out both Simms and Bray. We are going to run the veer option offense and the eagle defense.

Dang dude!!! Sounds like job security in this economy. You work on the Moon or in the Military maybe? :)

lol, I have been working on the river. We usually work a a month and off a month, I chose to work non-stop. I am off until Dec.

lol, I have been working on the river. We usually work a a month and off a month, I chose to work non-stop. I am off until Dec.
Since you're here in Memphis you should buy me a few beers with all that cash you've been raking in.

Last edited:

That's cool! With that fat check you need to get a strong laptop or an iPhone/Blackberry or somethin'. Gotta stay in touch. I couldn't go 4 months with no info on the Vols.

Well, with our already thin O & D Lines, our uncertainty with new staff, a brutal schedule that is loaded on the front half, all the negative press, etc. you may want to go ahead and work on through to next year. It seems so bad that even Uncle Rico, with the arm strength to throw a Ball over the Smokey Mountains mind you, would have trouble leading this team to a winning season. i hope i am wrong though. (Notice the orange van in the pic)

Attachments

• uncle-rico-picture.jpg
    uncle-rico-picture.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Since you're here in Memphis you should buy me a few beers with all that cash you've been raking in.

We need to get together and throw a few back, plus I want to get with some Vol Fans and head to the game here in Memphis on Nov. 6th, and watch us kick the crap out of Tiger High !!!

Well, with our already thin O & D Lines, our uncertainty with new staff, a brutal schedule that is loaded on the front half, all the negative press, etc. you may want to go ahead and work on through to next year. It seems so bad that even Uncle Rico, with the arm strength to throw a Ball over the Smoky Mountains mind you, would have trouble leading this team to a winning season. i hope i am wrong though.

Wrong about what? Uncle Rico's noodle arm or the team? :)

Wrong about what? Uncle Rico's noodle arm or the team? :)

There is no denying Uncle Rico's cannon like arm strength, also his laser like precision (remember the steak throw). If you will recall, had he started that year they would have won state.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back