Just Announced....

Ah ha, I see that nothing has changed. Meyer must have worn that sexy black dress to Slive's house last night and got Tebow to come along with whipped cream and cherries. IMPEACH Slive....... or whatever we do to get rid of commissioners.

What Kiffin is selling is already extremely popular with recruits, and now you're starting to see the national media come around on him too.

What Meyer is selling is popular only with Florida fans. Everyone else in the country thinks he's an a-hole.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
A very solid explanation.

I haven't seen a link or confirmation yet...this story has gotten big enough that I would think it would be reported fairly quickly

Meyer knew he would not get in trouble by saying something. He just wanted to poke at the other coaches (namely Kiffin) by proving it. What a joke.

You guys can't see it, but we've been predictably linked to a Gator message board thread talking about how stupid we all are. Thanks for the clicks guys. :thumbsup:

It's a bad reason, but let's face it...it all comes down to money. As long as CUM is bringing in the NC's and is in line to maybe do it again this year, he is going to get a free pass from Slive.

100% Correct! Slive is going to bury the SEC if he keeps this up!:no:

Florida fans can see this thread? In that case, Jean shorts are on sale at K-Mart this week fellas. Come on down!!!!!!!

i always chear for the SEC in a bowl situation, but i hope that Texas can b*tch-slap the might gators just so everything Slime has hoped for this year comes crashing down.

ialso hope that LSU beats Bama this week so the SEC champ game loses some of its luster

actually this works in our favor. the UT lawyers will have a field day if any infractions are levied at Kiffin. all you have to do is show inconsistency.

The Florida Publicity is priceless.

Come on in and we'll let you gouge the eyes out of our opponents - Beware the hand slap that comes afterwards !

Florida has been the cash cow of the sec in past years, and Slive is in Meyers pocket. TN is on the uprise, and I wonder how Slive will react to Lane when were diggin graves for the bammers and the gators? Wait and see..

I'm sure I'll take a lot of heat for this, but I'm sort of over this whole slive-meyer-kiffin-suspensions-fines business. I personally didn't think Meyer's latest comments were that big of a deal, especially taken in their entire context, and I'd kind of like for Kiffin to just leave all this alone and say "no comment" from here on out.

And, no, I'm not a secret Bammer, flamer, etc. I'm all Vol and I very much like Kiffin. I was calling for his hire as soon as Fulmer was fired, and I'm incredibly glad for that. Let the heat begin in 3, 2, 1 . . .

@VagabondVol

It doesn't matter, the letter of the law that SLIVE put down was no public comments about the officials, PERIOD.

He then went on to say immediate "fines AND suspensions" for any coach that breaks this rule in the "foreseeable future".

A = Meyer made public comments
B = Said comments fell under the new rule
C = Meyer did NOT even get a slap on the wrist, thus a double stand exists

A + B = C, pretty simple actually.

Mike Slime and the gator nation scoffs at all of us.

Attachments

• 6a00d8341c630a53ef0111685b9778970c-800wi.jpg
    6a00d8341c630a53ef0111685b9778970c-800wi.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1
@VagabondVol

It doesn't matter, the letter of the law that SLIVE put down was no public comments about the officials, PERIOD.

He then went on to say immediate "fines AND suspensions" for any coach that breaks this rule in the "foreseeable future".

+1 :good!:

:zeitung_lesen::zeitung_lesen::zeitung_lesen:
@VagabondVol

:zeitung_lesen:

I'm sure I'll take a lot of heat for this, but I'm sort of over this whole slive-meyer-kiffin-suspensions-fines business. I personally didn't think Meyer's latest comments were that big of a deal, especially taken in their entire context, and I'd kind of like for Kiffin to just leave all this alone and say "no comment" from here on out.

And, no, I'm not a secret Bammer, flamer, etc. I'm all Vol and I very much like Kiffin. I was calling for his hire as soon as Fulmer was fired, and I'm incredibly glad for that. Let the heat begin in 3, 2, 1 . . .

There's no place for that kind of talk here.

I believe the reason that Slive has not (at least officially) made a statement on Meyer is that there are ongoing negotiations between Slive and Meyer through Foley to give Slive a graceful way out of his dilemma. It's all about giving Meyer time to come out with a public apology for his words yesterday. "I spoke out of emotion and regret any insinuation of poor officiating my words may have conveyed" sort of thing. That way, Slive can then come out and say that since Meyer apologized "of his on free will" before the SEC issued a ruling, Meyer will not be subject to disciplinary action at this time.

Mark it down...you heard it here first. Look for it all to unfold before lunch tomorrow.

I believe the reason that Slive has not (at least officially) made a statement on Meyer is that there are ongoing negotiations between Slive and Meyer through Foley to give Slive a graceful way out of his dilemma. It's all about giving Meyer time to come out with a public apology for his words yesterday. "I spoke out of emotion and regret any insinuation of poor officiating my words may have conveyed" sort of thing. That way, Slive can then come out and say that since Meyer apologized "of his on free will" before the SEC issued a ruling, Meyer will not be subject to disciplinary action at this time.

Mark it down...you heard it here first. Look for it all to unfold before lunch tomorrow.

Doesn't matter what excuse Slive gives for not handing down some punishment! He's still a d-bag!

I don't have a problem with what he said either (Tebow got late hit right in front of the ref). However, it's the retribution consistency that I take issue with.

VN Store

Back