Just an Exhibition

Hence why Bruce utilizes the "Point Forward" in his system. Tobais will excel in this area in time. He needs to flash to the free throw stripe and catch the ball and either take it himself or find the cutter from the wing. Cam can do the dribble penetrate at times, but I still question Scotty's ability to put the ball on the floor and maintain possession let alone make a play. Melvin is strong on the ball and between him and TH, the two of them should be our zone-busters as far as working the zone. As far as shooting out of it, we tend to shoot ourselves out of the game when we take that approach. I trust Scotty, Cam, and Melvin to knock down those perimeter shots. I don't trust any of the others at this point in that regard though

I don't see anyone on the team more capable of dribble penetrating a zone than Melvin, and that is why I said it is up to him. For the most part, our wings and 2G are a different type of mismatch. We are long on the wing and with Scotty at the 2G, but most teams are smaller and quicker and trying to drive against them is not going to be easy with Cam and Scotty

We are long on the wing and with Scotty at the 2G, but most teams are smaller and quicker and trying to drive against them is not going to be easy with Cam and Scotty

You don't have to get all the way around your man clean, especially against a zone. If you have a height advantage, you can kind of half-way get around your man, if you catch on the wing, and the zone will be forced to react to you even though there's still a player "guarding" you.

Hopefully, then, if they react you can get some interior passing going.

I'm not convinced Melvin can break down a zone, from what I've seen. I hope you're right, though, and he is capable.

But in any case...you have to TRY that once in a while (Monday: FAIL--58% of our shot attempts were 3's); and you have to not turn the ball over when you do try (FAIL: 25 freakin turnovers Monday). So...yeah, we got work to do.

Seems to me that the high post is our best solution against the 2-3, which we will see in spades. We don't handle or drive well enough to break it down regularly, at least at this point.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Seems to me that the high post is our best solution against the 2-3, which we will see in spades. We don't handle or drive well enough to break it down regularly, at least at this point.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In a 2-3 especially. Whos supposed to defend it? Middle man back row or one of the guards? Thats how you break it.

VN Store

Back