June Signing Day in 2025

Fingers

The move there is twofold: an earlier signing period is believed to be an element that provides high school prospects an opportunity to sign before transfers flood into the Portal; it’s also alleviating the potential of programs trying to formulate signing classes Dec. 18 with the all-new, expanded 12-team College Football Playoff beginning following the 2024 regular season on Friday, Dec. 20.

The new recruits will probably be allowed to hit the portal before the season starts the way things are going!
Would have to be an EE but would probably be able to hit the spring portal window would be my guess.

They should make all of July a dead period.
Honestly these coaches need it as bad as the players do. They are run ragged year round now between recruiting HS, recruiting the portal, and recruiting their own roster 24/7/365 just to be able to put together a decent team. I envy their paychecks lol...but in no way envy their jobs.

Reactions: perico
So is this ADDING another signing day in addition to the two we already have, or is one of the current ones going away?

Now that any NCAAF player can leave his team at halftime and play the second half with any other team they wish, what is to say that HS players signing a letter of commitment has any meaning? Soon these commitment letters will be written in 24 hour increments.

Would have to be an EE but would probably be able to hit the spring portal window would be my guess.

Not necessarily. Would keep the wolves at bay for some of these early commits like G-Mac.

But it's unlikely most recruits would do this anyways. Most recruits like the fanfare involved with a public decision, which you really wouldn't get in the middle of of summer. Not to mention, wanting to wait and see how your school performs in the fall and whether your coaches might be leaving or if they recruit over you in the meantime.

I would think that most of your 5 star "looking for a deal" guys will still wait until the late signing day.

Ups the ante for big schools trying to flip recruits late in their senior season. With a signature on a LOI, it’s TAMPERING.
Probably helps some of the kids who commit and then get dumped after their senior seasons or late in the process when a new recruit shows up on the radar.

Reactions: butchna
Probably helps some of the kids who commit and then get dumped after their senior seasons or late in the process when a new recruit shows up on the radar.
There are always a few. Makes ACCEPTING a commit even more significant.

Reactions: Orange.
Ups the ante for big schools trying to flip recruits late in their senior season. With a signature on a LOI, it’s TAMPERING.
Given the recent NLB ruling that athletes are employees of the University, there will be no LOI. Recruits will be signing 4-year employment contracts essentially making the transfer portal obsolete as well. If an athlete decides to leave, they could be sued for breach of contract. As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

What a time to be lawyer.
rdj-robert-downey-jr.gif

Last edited:
Given the recent NLB ruling that athletes are employees of the University, there will be no LOI. Recruits will be signing 4-year employment contracts essentially making the transfer portal obsolete as well. If an athlete decides to leave, they could be sued for breach of contract. As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

What a time to be lawyer.
View attachment 644297

The way I’ve heard it explained they can transfer but the contracts will have bonuses for retention. So if you play at Tennessee all four years, you will make more than if you transfer in as a senior

VN Store

Back