Jumping the Fence

Bernie was okay in 2016 when running against Hillary. However he has since been basically parroting whatever talking points the Democrat Party puts out.
Once he loses the general he does become lock step with the party. But typically before he is pretty anti establishment, and has voted against the grain on a few items.

But under this situation it's not so much about his politics, so principle would be next. Which is an extremely low bar in DC.

Okay. Back to topic. So in the past week Justin Amash has said the following on his Twitter account:

1. Free/pardon Julian Assange
2. Stop promoting Corporate Welfare
3. Abolish the Department of Homeland Security.

Now this is not everything he has said. Just three points he was making. Who agrees with all three of those statements?
Me.

Reactions: tbh
Why did it take almost 2 years for Lincoln to declare the CW some issue of emancipation?
Because it was a states right war, that he redefined to be solely about slavery, because the European powers were starting to side with the confederates as they were wanting a less outward looking government to deal with.

Because it was a states right war, that he redefined to be solely about slavery, because the European powers were starting to side with the confederates as they were wanting a less outward looking government to deal with.
It was a rhetorical question
You say it was a states rights issue and one is mocked endlessly

It was a rhetorical question
You say it was a states rights issue and one is mocked endlessly
Eh, seemed like it would be a popular topic.

The state rights issues extended beyond slavery. In fact many of the issues made slavery more appealing for the south than the north. Not saying if they fixed the other issues slavery would have gone away on it's own, but there would have been a lot less from the start.

I actually find Harold Ford Jr to be a rational voice from across the aisle. He makes intelligent well thought out responses when he is on the Fox panels I’ve seen him on.

I agree with this. He does a good job on The Five. Jesse Waters is just silly, Judge Jeanine is shrill, Dana Perino does a really good job. Gutfield is silly at times, but provides very incisive analysis when serious.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
And I'd vote for ACO. Burn everything down. Go ahead and take it to the bottom as quickly as possible, so recovery can begin sooner.

And I'd vote for ACO. Burn everything down. Go ahead and take it to the bottom as quickly as possible, so recovery can begin sooner.
I sometimes think this but then realize I would never think cities and states would ever keep electing the insanity even to their own demise.
And that assumes elections are honest

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Okay. Back to topic. So in the past week Justin Amash has said the following on his Twitter account:

Now this is not everything he has said. Just three points he was making. Who agrees with all three of those statements?

me

Reactions: hog88

I'm in!

Mostly. We just need to add more bureaucracies to the “Abolish” list.

So let's say, just for a hypothetical, you are forced to vote for someone for POTUS that is in a different party or ideology than you support. They don't have to be realistic or viable options (none of mine are). Who would that be?

I'll start: Larry Hogan and Adam Kinzinger

I'll add another with a caveat: Justin Amash. I used to make fun of people on here that would say "Zep is ten years away from becoming a left leaning libertarian", but judging by some of the discourse and opinions I see on here and social media, that might not be outside of possibility down the road.

C’mon Zep. It’s easier than you think!

0E012711-0E08-47A9-B13C-4F86563C912F.gif

We got a new superstar in the Democratic party. Nice to see. There is a lot of young energetic talent out there waiting on a chance. .

We got a new superstar in the Democratic party. Nice to see. There is a lot of young energetic talent out there waiting on a chance. .

Not worried about moving the country forward….just being the GOPs nightmare.
So just another problem for the American people.

Not worried about moving the country forward….just being the GOPs nightmare.
So just another problem for the American people.

My thought exactly as I was reading that. Yet, apparently that's to be celebrated.

My thought exactly as I was reading that. Yet, apparently that's to be celebrated.

Yep!

Owning the libs= This is tearing America apart!

Owing the GOP= Let’s celebrate!!! This is awesome.

Narratives are fun, aren’t they?

election denier leader

Fi01TPSWAAMnX80

Fi01TPWWYAEb9vm

Fi01TPTXoAAdoXO

Fi01TPSWIAEvoAQ

When I was younger I never understood why Elvis was considered as great as he was. But as I got older I began appreciating his music more. Suspicious Minds is his best song.
I don't really agree with you about anything, but this is fact. That is an amazing song.

These don't seem like extreme positions at all.

Count me in on all three.

VN Store

Back