Jumping ahead to the UGA game hope we repeat 2004 game

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
2004: In 2004, No. 17 Tennessee ended the back to back SEC Eastern Division Champions 17-game home winning streak with a shocking upset, 19–14. The victory propelled the Volunteers to the SEC Eastern Division Championship, and knocked No. 3 UGA out of the national title. The Vols were a 12 point underdog and coming off a 34–10 loss to Auburn the week before. Tennessee took a 10–0 lead in the first quarter, and went to halftime with a 13–7 lead. Late of the third quarter, the Bulldogs attempted a unsuccessful fake a punt on a 4 and 3 , and Tennessee took advantage and took a 19–7 lead. The Bulldogs answered with a rushing touchdown to cut the lead to five. Towards the end of the game Georgia rushed to the Tennessee 19-yard, but time expired giving the Vols the 19–14 victory.[12][13]Tennessee was the eventual SEC east champions, and lost in the SEC Championship game in a rematch against Auburn, 38–28.

2004: In 2004, No. 17 Tennessee ended the back to back SEC Eastern Division Champions 17-game home winning streak with a shocking upset, 19–14. The victory propelled the Volunteers to the SEC Eastern Division Championship, and knocked No. 3 UGA out of the national title. The Vols were a 12 point underdog and coming off a 34–10 loss to Auburn the week before. Tennessee took a 10–0 lead in the first quarter, and went to halftime with a 13–7 lead. Late of the third quarter, the Bulldogs attempted a unsuccessful fake a punt on a 4 and 3 , and Tennessee took advantage and took a 19–7 lead. The Bulldogs answered with a rushing touchdown to cut the lead to five. Towards the end of the game Georgia rushed to the Tennessee 19-yard, but time expired giving the Vols the 19–14 victory.[12][13]Tennessee was the eventual SEC east champions, and lost in the SEC Championship game in a rematch against Auburn, 38–28.

I want to see us winning 33 - 16, and Vols fans leaving miniature Alabama flags on their seats when leaving. The height of insults, I think. You just can't say, "And Fork You" better than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: volnut1
we were big underdogs again in 2007, up against Knowshon and the vaunted rushing attack. won that one 35-14 over number 12 Georgia

Reactions: volnut1
I disagree. I think we’re a tough matchup for them. More so than the Gators in fact.
. Let’s see how we look and play against Kentucky first we win that game and the Georgia game could have some upset potential to it playing at Neyland and all. Traditionally UGA lays one egg a year vs somebody they should beat see the South Carolina game in 2019

Reactions: Remy and RDU VOL#14
. Let’s see how we look and play against Kentucky first we win that game and the Georgia game could have some upset potential to it playing at Neyland and all. Traditionally UGA lays one egg a year vs somebody they should beat see the South Carolina game in 2019
This is a persistent narrative but it's really poorly supported under Kirby. That South Carolina game is really the only example in the last 5 seasons of them losing to someone that wasn't pretty good. Their other losses from 2017 forward are as follows:

2017, @Auburn- that Auburn team beat Alabama and went to a NY6 bowl
2017, Alabama- national championship game, Alabama 14-1
2018, @ lsu - that LSU team went 10-3 and won the Fiesta Bowl
2018, Alabama - sec championship game, Alabama 14-1, final ranking No. 2
2019, LSU- sec championship game, LSU undefeated national champions
2020, @Alabama- Alabama undefeated national champions
2020, Florida- Kyle Trask, Kyle Pitts team, went to a NY6 bowl, ended up losing to Bama by less than a touchdown
2021- no one so far

Probably already laid that egg against KY. Only team they allowed to score two TDs. Not sure we can score on them.

We don't have the depth to compete with the big boys yet.

JH will probably need a couple more years to build depth, but then UT will repay many of the SEC schools for past losses. Especially if JH is able to land his QB of choice.

Finallly it appears that there may be

light at the end of the tunnel for our beloved Tennessee Vols

Reactions: Dkswift

I see this UGA team as very good, but untested. They have flaws, even though their defense is outstanding. I’m not saying we’re going to beat UGA, I just don’t think they’ve beaten anyone that’s very good. We’ll see what happens this weekend vs UF bc I think Mullen will have the Gators ready to play, but at this point we’re as good if not better than every team UGA has played thus far.

UGA may not fall into a trap this year, but I think a lot #1 teams always have that tough game where they squeak by or slip up . I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that we could be a huge pain the in the ass for UGA. As you said though, I’m ready for UK. I want that game badly.

I see this UGA team as very good, but untested. They have flaws, even though their defense is outstanding. I’m not saying we’re going to beat UGA, I just don’t think they’ve beaten anyone that’s very good. We’ll see what happens this weekend vs UF bc I think Mullen will have the Gators ready to play, but at this point we’re as good if not better than every team UGA has played thus far.

UGA may not fall into a trap this year, but I think a lot #1 teams always have that tough game where they squeak by or slip up . I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that we could be a huge pain the in the ass for UGA. As you said though, I’m ready for UK. I want that game badly.
I do too man. I’m sick of Kentucky and there fans are getting ahole level obnoxious. We need to beat them and shut them up

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Look, public service announcement here, I love you all and I am on the Big Orange train to the end of the line, and if you want to think that Tennessee will beat Georgia you are free to do so, but please please don't do anything ridiculous like bet money on that belief. Don't make any wagers, or any friendly bets. Just. Just watch the game, and take deep breaths, and when it's over remember that we still have games against South Alabama and Vanderbilt left on the schedule.

For some reason they always seem to mess up every time they have a chance at winning it all whenever we play them.

Do you guys research the stuff you say? UGA's strength of schedule is # 2 overall. I'm not saying they can't be beat, but jeezus saying they haven't played anybody, we might as well so no one has played anybody. It'd make more sense actually.

VN Store

Back