'21 JUCO SDE Alex Lemon

To me, JUCO players are definitely not a bad thing. They’re already doing college things. They’re at least used to college speed. It could be a hell of a lot worse
Fair and unfair to say this.
College ready, maybe, but college speed, especially SEC speed ready.

Very true. SEC speed is a whole different ball game

Only had a couple successful juco players the last few years. Kamara and Von Pearson, imo.
Justin Martin would have been one if he had his head on straight, same for Gooden.

Only had a couple successful juco players the last few years. Kamara and Von Pearson, imo.
Justin Martin would have been one if he had his head on straight, same for Gooden.
Justin Martin under Jeremy Pruitt would have been interesting. At least in that instance, we'd know it was definitely the player and not the coach. Several players from the Dooley and Butch years you can't help but wonder what might have been with good, solid coaching. As far as JuCo players go, historically we've had success there. If they can come in and contribute, it's never a bad idea.

Middleton did well last year, primed for a big year. Alexis Johnson did well once Pruitt got here, the last half of 2018 season he was a force. Hopefully Savion Williams can prove his worth this year. I’m most excited about Tiyun Evans coming in next year: 5’9, 225lbs and runs a 4.4-4.5? Hell yes

I like the idea of taking a Juco DL every year. Always have an upperclassmen that can step in if needed. Depth if not.

That is not necessarily true as in the case of Savion Williams. Hopefully he can provide some depth this year though.

I would say Bush was the closest thing to Patterson, Bush was just on a much better team and received way more exposure as a result. JMO
Bush knew his routes and scheme and was a far superior pro.

Ehh both burned out almost as fast as they got in.
He played 11 seasons and was putting up 1000+ yards rushing as late as his 8th. Made All-Rookie and was 1st team All-Pro in his 3rd.

Reggie Bush:
Rushing attempts: 1,286
Rushing yards: 5,490
Receptions: 477
Receiving yards: 3,598
Return yards: 929
Total touchdowns: 58

Patterson:
Receptions: 195
Receiving yards: 1,955
Rushing yards: 785
Return yards: 6,110
Total touchdowns: 24

Patterson’s loaded up on All-Pros...all as a returner. Reggie Bush the far superior PLAYER. And yes...I looked all this up. I detested Reggie Bush and wanted him to be a bust at the next level...he disappointed me.

He played 11 seasons and was putting up 1000+ yards rushing as late as his 8th. Made All-Rookie and was 1st team All-Pro in his 3rd.

Reggie Bush:
Rushing attempts: 1,286
Rushing yards: 5,490
Receptions: 477
Receiving yards: 3,598
Return yards: 929
Total touchdowns: 58

Patterson:
Receptions: 195
Receiving yards: 1,955
Rushing yards: 785
Return yards: 6,110
Total touchdowns: 24

Patterson’s loaded up on All-Pros...all as a returner. Reggie Bush the far superior PLAYER. And yes...I looked all this up. I detested Reggie Bush and wanted him to be a bust at the next level...he disappointed me.

I think the better comparison is Bush vs Kamara. And their numbers are almost the same, but AK’s are better

Thought of that...Kamara is better, but both dynamic. Reggie was way faster.
Alvin was the more elusive, start & stop, shifty back with enough speed. But yes, Reggie was clearly the burner there. Ridiculous speed.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back