'19 Juco OT Bamidele Olaseni

Looking more like McBride might be told to look elsewhere. We know Morris, Lampley, Akporghene and (hopefully) Wright are in for sure. Price said EJ told him if Wright comes then he will too. That’d make 5. Would be stellar to add another guy like this. 6 big a$$ o linemen, yes please

Reactions: T Dog
Looking more like McBride might be told to look elsewhere. We know Morris, Lampley, Akporghene and (hopefully) Wright are in for sure. Price said EJ told him if Wright comes then he will too. That’d make 5. Would be stellar to add another guy like this. 6 big a$$ o linemen, yes please
i think you're right. and that kinda sucks for McBride, cause i think he's pretty fired up to be a Vol.

now, there are some other things in the class that could happen to make room for a 6th OL. we don't currently have another DL committed yet, and if we don't get one, maybe that's how you fit a 6th. we want a 2nd WR, but haven't takena committment yet, if that were to fall thru, that could open a spot for 6th. same with RB, we want 2, and don't have any committed....

so im not ready to shut the door on the idea of taking 6 OL.

but we're actively trying to fill each of those spots mentioned, so i'll just say i think it's unlikely...........lol.

i think you're right. and that kinda sucks for McBride, cause i think he's pretty fired up to be a Vol.

now, there are some other things in the class that could happen to make room for a 6th OL. we don't currently have another DL committed yet, and if we don't get one, maybe that's how you fit a 6th. we want a 2nd WR, but haven't takena committment yet, if that were to fall thru, that could open a spot for 6th. same with RB, we want 2, and don't have any committed....

but we're actively trying to fill each of those spots mentioned, so i'll just say i think it's unlikely...........lol.

Numbers wise I think the staff is looking to add the following;

at least +1RB, at least +1WR, +2OL, at least +1DL, +2LB and +1DB

No idea how the numbers will work, I think it depends on who jumps in. If they can add 2 of Pappoe, Marshall, To'to'o, Russell, does that mean Henry gets squeezed out? If they add 2 of Wright, the new Juco OT, flip Norton to OL, or EJ, like you said does McBride get squeezed? If they do hire Freeze and can pick 2 from Pickens, Haslewood, Brown and Ellis how will that impact the numbers?

One thing for sure, this is going to be a crazy sprint to the finish and there are so many different situations I can imagine playing out.

Numbers wise I think the staff is looking to add the following;

at least +1RB, at least +1WR, +2OL, at least +1DL, +2LB and +1DB

No idea how the numbers will work, I think it depends on who jumps in. If they can add 2 of Pappoe, Marshall, To'to'o, Russell, does that mean Henry gets squeezed out? If they add 2 of Wright, the new Juco OT, flip Norton to OL, or EJ, like you said does McBride get squeezed? If they do hire Freeze and can pick 2 from Pickens, Haslewood, Brown and Ellis how will that impact the numbers?

One thing for sure, this is going to be a crazy sprint to the finish and there are so many different situations I can imagine playing out.
yeah, lotta moving parts, and with the guys we're after, if they all started to jump on board, we're gonna have to get real creative.

I could see a scenario like trading Norton for LaDarrius. That’d leave us with: Savion, Darrel, Norton and Elijah (who knows where Clemons ends up playing) and potentially Sean Brown at d line for this class.

I could see a scenario like trading Norton for LaDarrius. That’d leave us with: Savion, Darrel, Norton and Elijah (who knows where Clemons ends up playing) and potentially Sean Brown at d line for this class.

Or if by some miracle Travon Walker flips they could shuffle Norton to OL if they only add Wright. I think they do have a lot of flexibility to move guys around in some places. Linebacker is one i'm interested to see play out with all of the high level guys we are in on.

Reactions: swchandler1988
yeah, i saw some scuttle butt out there about Brown possibly moving to DE.....that's intriguing...6'5", long wing span...athletic......

that could be a great move.

that's the other side of this, there's no telling what kind of moves can be made, between what's already out there on the commit list, and what's on the roster..............

bunch football mad scientists over there lol.

can't wait to see how this all shakes out.

I think we gotta do whatever it takes to get as many quality OL and DL on campus this year. They're are the ones that allow everything else on offense and defense to work like it should.

We need to tread carefully git shirting McBride. We don’t need to damage any Whitehaven relationships. They are loaded with talent for the next few classes.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
We need to tread carefully git shirting McBride. We don’t need to damage any Whitehaven relationships. They are loaded with talent for the next few classes.
yeah, i just didn't want to say that out loud in front of God and everyone. lol.

Im sure this his news to McBride and his family since Pruitt is scheduled to an income and McBride and family are taking an OV to UT during the early signing period

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back