'21 JUCO OLB Byron Young (Tennessee signee)

Usually one guy gets hyped up during fall camp and a lot of times they don’t live up to it. Young is that guy this year, while it’s encouraging to hear positive reviews let’s wait until we actually see him on the field before we buy into that hype.

Usually one guy gets hyped up during fall camp and a lot of times they don’t live up to it. Young is that guy this year, while it’s encouraging to hear positive reviews let’s wait until we actually see him on the field before we buy into that hype.
Why? You're on a Tennessee Volunteers message board. We hype individual players and the team before the season starts. That's what fans do. You don't have to worry about everyone getting disappointed later. The last 10+ years have given us all a little voice in our head that says exactly what you just said. You can relieve yourself from the job of being the "voice of reason" and have some fun with the rest of us before the season starts.

Gonna be a one and done player for us.

I can’t remember off hand another player universally praised by coaches, media, and players throughout an entire offseason.

Cordarrelle Patterson had this kind of buzz. Derek Barnett made waves like this his freshman year as well.

I think when a player this level of buzz, it's legit. Just hope he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight. The sky is the limit.

It isn’t universal usually. The only times I can think of this level of praise came from Barnett as a freshman and he was a stud.

Reactions: SoilVol

VN Store

Back